The International Logistics Associate will be an integral part of the International Logistics team responsible for efficient movement of goods through our international supply chain (China, Taiwan, US, Canada, Mexico, South America). The associate will be responsible for several aspects of import and export activities, from vendor invoice confirmation, booking ocean freight to clearing international imports through U.S. Customs.
This position will collaborate cross-functionally with Accounting, Purchasing, Supply Chain COE, Sales, Customer Service, Operations, Product Management, and external partners and vendors. This position will be part of the dynamic team that is responsible for ensuring corporate compliance to the rules and regulations of Customs and other government agencies while providing guidance to achieve lowest landed cost for different customers/products.
- Book ocean freight evaluating best shipping routes and rates.
- Build shipment records based off vendor’s documents.
- Work with the receiving department to reconcile shortages, overages or damages with goods received.
- Communicate with Vendors, Forwarders and Brokers regarding any necessary documentation and logistics processes.
- Respond to inquiries from Customs Brokers and resolve problems impacting import shipments. Research and provide information required for customs clearance.
- Coordinate with overseas factory warehouse to ensure that all paperwork is complete and accurate.
- Coordinate shipping with carriers and customs agents for clearance on deliveries.
- Ensure customer broker maintains accurate customs classification records to ensure company adherence with Customs rules and regulations.
- Work with customs broker and product management to document facts for HTS classification of products to ensure smooth and accurate customs clearance.
- Keep current with changes in regulations that impact HTS classification
- Examine vendor invoices and bills of lading, to verify weights and volumes into SAP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/ International Trade or related field or relevant industry experience.
- 2+ years of International shipping & freight forwarding experience, primarily ocean Import
- Experience with and knowledge of Import entry procedures, rules and regulations of ocean freight
- Knowledge of procure to pay cycle and relevant accounting processes, specifically with invoice processing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Tools with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel
- SAP User Experience preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be extremely thorough and detail oriented.
- Good communication skills, ability to write, speak, and present effectively and persuasively.
- Self-motivation, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn and accept new challenges
For more than 50 years, our Eastman brand products have been synonymous with premium quality appliance and plumbing connectors trusted by generations of professional installers, plumbers and consumers. Over the years, we have expanded our product lines to include pans, outlet boxes, expansion tanks, and more. Today, every product manufactured by EZ-FLO Eastman carries a long history of quality and innovation.