Front Line Supervisor - Rolling Mill
- Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Life Insurance , Retirement
At EVRAZ, our strength starts with our people! As a team we collaborate to solve problems, contribute ideas and challenge each other to ensure growth and ultimately success for the business and our employees.
Job Description and Responsibilities
EVRAZ North America currently has an opening for an Front Line Supervisor for our Rolling Mill at our Portland, OR location. In this challenging role you will be responsible for monitoring their crew on a 12-Hour rotating shift basis and overseeing that policy and procedure are followed to ensure timely production of quality steel plate and coil products.
- Provide operational support services and sometimes act as first-line supervisor of a transactional operations area. Involves using existing systems and protocols
- Operate complex machines and systems, adjusting processes to optimize quality and productivity. Also responsible for generating solutions to complex inefficiencies
- Contribute data and information to production plans. Run reports, check accuracy, and distribute information
- Supervise a team performing routine work
- Help to install complex systems and conduct inspections of equipment with guidance
- Troubleshoot and diagnose equipment for emergency repairs and carry out preventive maintenance routines
- Design own monthly schedule and, if necessary, assign work to others in order to speed up office workflow and ensure high-priority tasks get done
- Follow the organization's heath and safety policies, procedures and mandatory instructions; to identify and mitigate environmental risks and risks to the wellbeing of oneself and others in the workplace; instruct the team in safe working methods; identify instances of risky behaviors within the team and take appropriate action, escalating serious issues as appropriate
- Provide instruction and informal advice to less experienced colleagues within the team to develop their skills
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the organization's policies and procedures and of relevant regulatory codes and codes of conduct to ensure own work adheres to those standards. Obtain authorization from a supervisor or manager for any exceptions from mandatory procedure
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 2 years' work experience in a production department
- At least 3-5 years' experience in a leadership/ supervisor role. If no leadership experience, must have a least 3-5 years' department experience
- General proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Familiar with ASTM standards a plus
- Excellent math, oral and written communication skills
- Willing and able to work in heat, humidity, fumes, odors, dust and noise
- Willing and able to work 12-hour shifts, rotating and/or overtime and holidays as needed required
- Completion of First Line Supervisor Training preferred
- Previous experience/background with CMMS preferred
Our total compensation package includes amazing benefits!
- Competitive wages and bonus opportunities
- Family medical, dental, and prescription coverage at minimal employee cost
- Short and long term disability programs
- Competitive retirement plans
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Accounts
- Employer-provided and Voluntary Life Insurance options
- Paid vacations and 10 paid holiday days per year
- Apprenticeship and career advancement within the company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness program
All applicants must be eligible to work in the USA without sponsorship.
While we thank all those who apply, only those being actively considered for employment will be contacted.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EVRAZ North America is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
EVRAZ North America is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call: (312) 533-3577. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
Join a team that manufactures excellence, drives success and builds careers!
EVRAZ North AmericaPortland, OR
Get fresh Front Line Supervisor - Rolling Mill jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.