- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who We Are
EvolveImmune Therapeutics is a next-generation immunotherapy platform company based in the Yale/New Haven biotechnology ecosystem with laboratories in Farmington and Branford, CT. EvolveImmune is harnessing its ‘Immunology First’ approach to create first-in-category cancer medicines which aim to transform the lives of patients by delivering superior, long-term outcomes compared to current anti-cancer therapies. The EvolveImmune team has established a first-in-class and highly differentiated tumor-targeted T cell costimulation platform designed to re-invigorate adaptive immune responses in solid tumors. In addition, building upon research that originated from the Sidi Chen Laboratory at Yale University, EvolveImmune is leveraging a novel in vivo CRISPR-based target discovery platform to develop a broad portfolio of first-in-class therapeutics for unmet needs in oncology and immune diseases.
The Research Associate will join Biotherapeutic Discovery group and contribute in a team effort to develop next-generation immunotherapies for cancer and autoimmunity. The core focus of this group is to use a multi-disciplinary approaches to identify and validate tumor intrinsic, tumor micro-environment or immune cell targets tractable to therapeutic targeting, discover antibodies that selectively bind to these targets and use these antibodies to develop biotherapeutic platforms that engage and optimize anti-tumor immunity or inactivate autoimmunity.
We are seeking a highly qualified and motivated individual to join the Protein Biotherapeutics group at a Research Associate level to contribute to antibody discovery & protein engineering for the development of novel immunotherapeutics. The candidate will work closely with other members of the Biotherapeutic team and contribute to protein/antibody expression and purification, biophysical characterizations and target validation. The successful candidate will be responsible for advanced molecular biology techniques, vector engineering, protein/antibody expression and purification, biophysical characterizations, tissue culture and cell biology works including, cell line engineering and cell-based assay development.
Collaborate with the Biology team to evaluate antibody leads using human PBMC or enriched human immune cell co-cultures assays to evaluate tumor-immune cell engagement, cytokine release profiles and immune phenotypes to assess immune cell responses in these assays resulting from treatment with therapeutics derived from antibodies discovered from display and hybridoma screens.
The successful candidate will be a clear communicator as well as effective collaborator. S/he will demonstrate professional verbal and written communication, be capable of presenting scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and contribute to writing scientific publications.
The colleague will interact with contract research organization (CROs) representatives, technician scientists in industry and academic centers and organizational leaders to contribute to highly integrative drug discovery and development effort.
We are looking for candidates who enjoy working in a team and can leverage the growth opportunities that a matrixed environment provides. This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is excited about drug discovery and development and is driven to translate our discoveries into novel therapeutics.
- Perform molecular biology techniques, vector engineering, protein/antibody expression and purification from mammalian cells and biophysical characterization using state of the art technologies.
- Work in a team effort to establish biophysical and cell-based assays for antibody prioritization toward lead selection.
- Support target validation efforts by high throughput variable heavy and variable light chain antibody sequence cloning and reformatting, protein design and engineering.
- Collaborate effectively with team members. Document clearly and comprehensive lab experiments in electronic notebook.
- This role is a full time, in-person position in EvolveImmune's laboratories in Branford CT.
- BSc in Molecular Biology/Cancer Biology/Biochemistry or related discipline with at least 3 years industry experience; or MS in Molecular Biology/Cancer Biology/Biochemistry or related discipline with 1-3 years of industry experience.
- Ability to learn new techniques quickly and follow established protocols with precision.
- Perform tasks independently and able to interpret and communicate results.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in team-based environment
- Strong hands-on experience in protein/antibody expression and purification, protein biochemistry analytical techniques such as ELISA, SPR/BLI (Biacore/Octet), DSC, FPLC (SEC/IEX/HIC)
- Proficiency in advanced molecular cloning techniques, tissue culture techniques, cell line engineering, cell-based assay development, and stable cell line generation.
- Knowledge on immunology and immune cell biology.
- Experience in protein display technologies such as phage, yeast or mammalian display, along with hands-on experience in library creation is desirable.
- Ability to perform complex and automated sequence and assay data analysis
- Must be able to wear personal protective equipment and adhere to biological safety consideration of the laboratory environment as defined by laboratory manager or group Directors.
- Must be able to handle human and laboratory animal blood and tissues.
- There will be less than 5% travel.
EvolveImmune Therapeutics requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
EvolveImmune Therapeutics is an equal opportunity employer.
EVOLVEIMMUNE THERAPEUTICS INC
Get fresh Immunotherapy jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.