EVO Logistics is a Maryland-based freight brokerage firm looking for a self-starter who is highly motivated to help build and operate our brokerage business. As a freight broker, you will become very familiar with supply and demand side of the transportation business where you connect our customers (shippers who are supplying freight) with our carrier partners (who are demanding freight) while making money on the margin in the middle.
As a Logistics Coordinator, you aggressively market the EVO Logistics brand to develop and secure an established carrier base to build capacity and adequate coverage according to the strategic plan. The position purchases transportation services by qualifying potential contractors and finalizing agreements. The position also solicits business from new and existing customers to build business volume according to the business plan. Freight booking & sales are required to meet margin and volume goals as outlined in the branch budget.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Two or Four year degree or at least 12 months comparable office experience and/or training.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to manage multiple projects with a sense of urgency.
- Must be willing to be on call, periodically, after normal business hours.
- Must have the ability to deal effectively and tactfully with customers and employees and make decisions in a timely, professional manner.
- Must have strong computer skills and the ability to handle heavy telephone work.
- Have a strong desire to learn and be successful.
- Willingness to participate in sales is critical.
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Market, service and promote EVO’s transportation products and services.
- Maintain and build effective relationships with customers and carriers.
- Develop and manage a network of outside carriers to move freight in the most profitable manner.
- Negotiate rates with carriers to meet margin requirements and ensure maximum profitability.
- Meet or exceed required margin and revenue goals for the division.
- Ensure customer satisfaction and adequate service levels where freight is picked up and delivered using safe, reliable carriers.
- Build freight volume from existing customers.
- Solicit new sales by developing leads and cold calling potential customers. Establish and maintain a book of regular business.
- Position requires full time attendance.
This is a tremendous opportunity to join an established company and make a huge impact! A strong customer and/or carrier following is a plus!
Compensation for this position is negotiable depending on experience, customer base, and carrier following. If you meet the minimum qualifications above, we would like to meet you. For immediate consideration, please email or fax your resume and salary history to us.
EVO Transportation & Energy Services
Why Work Here?
Great work environment with a growing company.