We are excited to a Customer Support Representative to our growing eCommerce team in our beautiful Portland, ME office. Join the team behind one of the world’s largest financial technology providers. EVO Payments Inc. is a leading publicly traded payments processor servicing 600,000 merchants, and licenses across 50 countries in Europe and North America.
Why work at EVO?
- Learn from and grow with a worldwide payments industry leader
- Benefit from global career opportunities and advancement
- Thrive in a collaborative culture that supports innovation
- Take advantage of a supportive work-life balance
- Enjoy a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package: 401k with match, generous paid time off, medical, dental, vision coverage plus health savings accounts and much more
The goal of the role: Our Customer Support Representative provides new and existing clients with outstanding service and support on all aspects of their payment processing needs while also assisting the Customer Support Managers with high level tasks.
What will you be doing?
- Answering inbound calls to assist merchants, agents ,ISO’s and internal staff in a clear, friendly and professional manner while adhering to established company and department guidelines
- Meeting performance metrics to include quality of call and call efficiency
- Performing research as it relates to financial and non-financial information requested by a merchant , agent, ISO and internal staff
- Interpreting and educating client in regards to certain compliance policies and procedures
- Notating each call on each merchant account to ensure accurate information for tracking purposes at all times
- Verifying each call based on established procedures such as caller identification and social security or federal tax id confirmation; update merchant account information as necessary to ensure up-to-date information
- Escalating customer service related issues when necessary to team lead, supervisor or manager
- Addressing customer issues and ensure effective and long-term problem resolution by identifying cause and offering solutions
- Working closely with the Retention department to assist with retention by identifying merchant concerns
- Working closely with the Technical Support department to assist with merchant account and/or product inquiries
- Documenting and maintaining position processes to help ensure position continuity and for reference in the performance management process
- Opening, reading, and responding to emails on a daily basis
- Conforming with and abide by all federal, state, local regulations, Corporate Policies and Procedures, and instructions
- Participating in any/all training and educational activities necessary to fulfill at least the minimum requirements specified in your department goals
Could you be a great fit?
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- 2+ years customer service experience preferred
- Demonstrated problem solving skills (1-2 years of experience preferred)
- Credit Card experience in the acquiring or issuing industries is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, Outlook and Windows based programs required
- Strong analytic and research skills
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Excellent interpersonal skills including proper grammar and verbal communication
- Ability to complete multiple duties with accuracy shifting from one priority to another with frequent interruptions and competing deadlines
- All applicants must pass a pre-employment drug test and background check
- Upon accepted offer, you will be required to submit to a pre-employment drug test and background check
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.