Job Overview: The Door & Window Assistant is responsible for assisting the Operations Manager in all support tasks related to day to day operations.
Directly Reports to: Operations Manager
Project Assistant Responsibilities:
· Receives and conveys relayed messages on all office correspondence.
· Maintain and manage daily schedule with the Operations Manager.
· Works well independently and with a team, is flexible, creative and organized.
· Can operate forklift, tools and other aspects of warehouse operations.
· Heavy lifting required.
· Operate power tools, including but not limited to: saws, drills, router, grinder, etc.
· Un-crate material deliveries to verify dimensions and order details, re-crate and prepare for transit to jobsite.
· Prepare doors to receive hardware, install hardware prior to crating.
· Build new crates for deliveries and shipments.
· Delivery material to jobsites as required.
· Loading and unloading materials: accepting vendor deliveries, transferring materials to installation crews as required.
· Maintain warehouse safety and organized.
This position requires someone who is extremely flexible:
· Door installations occur overnight, so when supervising or assisting with installation, overnight work will be required.
· Nationwide coverage – travel throughout the nation will occasionally be required to deliver materials, spot check installations/quality control, etc.
· Survey/Installation tours – some times of year will require travel to survey work prior to bidding, and then again to complete work once awarded. These trips last anywhere from 2 – 4 weeks at a time, or as long as needed to complete scheduled projects.
· Knowledge and exposure to window and door industry highly valued.
· Office administration and warehouse management experience highly valued.
· Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office, Dropbox and other file sharing platforms, and internet navigation. Proficient typing skills are a must.
· Strong personal management skills, dedication and organization required. Individual must be highly organized, results oriented with strong team building skills and ability to work in a fast paced environment.
· Strong communication skills in multiple settings – face to face, phone, email and text messaging.
· Construction experience required.
· Door and window installation/industry experience highly valued.
· Must have a valid Driver’s License