Established NYC-based marketing communications agency is looking for an experienced Freelance Writer to generate copy for our website, social media channels, third-party articles and other needs related to the agency’s presence and promotion. Responsibilities include overseeing all aspects of this production process, from inception to submission. Regular communication with the agency’s leadership team is necessary to delineate assignment-related expectations, as needed. All applicants should be accustomed to working on a variety of projects and be able to meet deadlines, and will be able to tailor their writing style to accommodate the needs of different audiences.
Writer’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Formulating copy and text in accordance with prescribed editorial and formatting guidelines.
- Communicating with the agency to explicate assignment-related expectations, as required.
- Informing the client of assignment-related difficulties as they are detected.
- Ensuring that copy and texts are properly researched.
- Proofreading your assignments to detect and correct errors.
- Submitting completed works via the requisite channels.
- Monitoring and logging hours spent on each assignment.
- Bachelor's degree in Creative Writing, Journalism, Communication Studies, or adjacent field.
- Prior writing experience, preferably as a Freelancer.
- Knowledge of the public relations, marketing, advertising and social media fields
- Experience working with clients in the travel & hospitality and food, wine and spirits industries
- Portfolio of completed works.
- Own personal or laptop computer.
- Familiarity with mainstream word processing software.
- Excellent communication and time management skills.
- Capacity to work with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, disciplined approach to work.
EVINS is an award-winning branding, marketing and communications agency, specializing in the development of integrated multi-platform programs and campaigns for icon, legacy and luxury brands. Founded in 1987, EVINS has been consistently recognized for its creative excellence, strategic planning and tactical execution. By forging long-term client partnerships, EVINS makes a measurable, meaningful and consequential contribution to the growth and success of its clients' businesses. For additional information, please visit our website (EVINS.com), or find us on LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter.
Powered by JazzHR