EVF Performance, home to CrossFit Upper East Side and CrossFit Columbus Circle, is looking to add coaches to its team.
We’re looking for someone with 1-2 years of group fitness training and CrossFit methodology coaching experience.
You need experience in:
- teaching the CrossFit methodology.
- managing the flow and logistics of a group class up to 22 people.
- providing group and one-on-one instruction, including possessing a large tool belt of progressions and scales.
- demonstrating working knowledge of the movement standards widely accepted in the CrossFitcommunity, and holding a high standard.
- Working knowledge of the olympiclifts and power lifts and being able to demonstrate good movement in class.
- making sure the members are safe while performing the movements.
A CrossFit L1 is the minimum required for a coaching position, CPT or CSCSis preferred, as is formal education in exercise physiology or Kinesiology.
A sense of teamwork, reliability, pride in our gym, and accountability to upholding our standards are necessary when it comes to joining. We’re looking for someone that appreciates the community, wants to be a ingrained in it, and help to develop it - by both participating in community events when possible, participating to blog posts and adding value for our customers in creative ways.
We want someone that is comfortable answering questions of potential members that walk in off the street, and being an excellent representative of the brand. High energy, happy, caring and smart people will be interviewed. Low drama, genuine, and trustworthy people will be hired.
Strangers are simply friends we haven’t met yet. We look forward to your application.
Required work authorization:
- United States