Bilingual Therapeutic Recreation Specialist
- $48,500 to $55,000 Yearly
- Vision , Medical , Dental , Retirement
Want to make a difference? Come be a part of the amazing work EveryMind is accomplishing!
EveryMind is hiring a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist to join our Youth and Family Services team. This role is responsible for providing front-facing youth-oriented, trauma-informed, culturally relevant, creative and engaging activities to school-age children and youth (pre-K-12th grade). These activities are designed to support mental health wellness, socialization, coping skills, and stress management.
Schedule Structure: M-F core hours of 10am-6pm with some flexibility required, occasional weekend hours.
Work Site: Montgomery County Public Schools, Mid County (Rockville, Wheaton, Silver Spring, Kensington)
Why Join EveryMind?
EveryMind is a growing private independent nonprofit organization with 160 employees across 20 locations. We have served the community for almost 65 years by strengthening communities and empowering individuals to reach optimal mental wellness. We were recognized as a Top Place to work in Montgomery County, Maryland by Bethesda Magazine. EveryMind is consistently recognized for being an excellent place to work, offering a positive workplace culture and a competitive compensation package that is meant to provide a great lifework balance.
Our competitive compensation package includes:
- A Competitive Compensation Package
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- 401K matching benefit
- Highly Generous Leave Schedule (Vacation, Sick, Wellness Days, Holidays, Birthday leave, and much more)
- Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Schedule
- Referral Bonus Program
- Employee Discount Program
- A Great Place to Work
- Mileage reimbursement
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide one-on-one and small group activities and services designed to support mental health wellness, socialization, coping skills, and stress management. Activities may include sports, outdoor adventure activities, mentoring, performance arts, visual arts or other youth-oriented activities.
- Incorporates evidence-based practices and individualizes activities to support students with a variety of physical, emotional, and social limitations.
- Conducts regular outreach and collaborates with community partners including MCPS, DHHS, and others to identify students who would benefit from services and engage student and families at time of referral to services.
- Offers services that will promote family bonding by facilitating joint activities with other family members on a regular basis.
- Monitors and documents participants’ progress through accurate, thorough, and timely documentation of client reports.
- Maintains compliance with assigned contract(s) including:
- Meeting productivity requirements
- Maintaining minimum caseload requirements
- Timely and thorough completion of program reporting
- Provides in-person activities and services when children/youth are available including afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Participates in weekly supervision and on-going professional development to evaluate and improve the quality of therapeutic recreation services provided and ensure that services are culturally appropriate and equitable for clients.
- Other Duties may be assigned.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services or 5 years’ experience working with youth.
- A minimum of one-year relevant social/emotional wellness experience working with youth and families.
Strong verbal and written communication. Effective organizational, community building and record keeping skills. Bilingual English/Spanish required.
Effectively interact and work collaboratively in a flexible work environment with a variety of constituents including CEO, board members, clients and family members or caretakers, interns, volunteers, paid staff, and community partners. Ability to express ideas with clarity, confidence and sensitivity. Must be able to maintain confidentiality involving clients in accordance with organizational and federal guidelines. Familiarity with working and hiring interns and volunteers. Able to supervise multiple people.
The physical demands described here represent those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing this job's duties, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger dexterity, handle with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, kneel, crouch, or talk and hear. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds frequently. The job's specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The employee is also required to travel to different locations. Therefore, the employee must possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle.
1000 TWINBROOK PARKWAYRockville, MD
HealthcareView All EVERYMIND INC Jobs
Get fresh Bilingual Therapeutic Recreation Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.