Job Title: Process Engineer III – Advisory
Reports to: Director of Technology – North America
The Process Engineer III demonstrates creativity and ingenuity in applying engineering principles and practices. They are able to draw solutions from a wider range of experience. This position will take the lead role on projects and guide Process Engineers and Technicians. The Process Engineer III is generally more proficient at solving problems in a timely manner. Work is primarily involved with the development or improvement of actual products or designs. The typical cycle includes conceptualizing, developing prototypes, testing and perfecting designs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, individual must be able to perform each of the primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
1. Provides onsite process support to customers, sales and service staff.
2. Develops, optimizes and documents new processes.
3. Researches and optimizes new and existing processes.
4. Defines equipment configurations and specifications based on customer’s requirements.
5. Conducts process training with service staff and customers.
6. Performs acceptance tests on new equipment in the field.
7. Conducts parametric screening and developmental experiments.
8. Creates technical reports and papers.
9. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally overnight, as needed, up to 50% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.
10. This position requires the use of EVG hired vehicles on EVG business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving privileges.
11. Other duties, as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. May include creation of previously non-existent products or modification of existing products, including product line extensions, selection and testing of materials, ingredients, or components that will be suitable for the product.
2. Responding to customer’s requests for a particular product or design.
3. Supports equipment installation and acceptance.
4. Complies with EVG and customer cleanroom policies.
5. Ensures OSHA compliance in the cleanroom.
6. Tracks consumable usage and reorders supplies as necessary.
7. Ability to work well under minimal supervision as well as with a team.
Qualifications / Education / Skills and Experience:
1. Individual must have a four-year engineering degree. Chemical, Mechanical or Materials Science and Engineering degrees are preferred.
2. Applicant should have at least five (5) to ten (10) years of process engineering experience.
3. Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present information to factory employees, engineers, researchers and technical Managers.
4. Strong computer skills including proficiency with MS Office software.
5. Proficiency with JMP is required.
6. Experienced with handling chemicals and in semiconductor processing for MEMS or IC applications.
7. Project management skills for small projects.
8. Must have Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving Decision Making training.
1. While performing duties of this job, individual is regularly required to stand, sit, reach with hand and arms,
stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift/move up to 50 pounds. Visual acuity required. Individual is required to use
hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls frequently and be able to reach with hand and arms
above shoulder level occasionally.
2. Ability to wear proper cleanroom attire and work inside a cleanroom up to 75% of the time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in
this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other jobrelated
duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of
fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject
to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully,
the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements
may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others.
The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Our philosophy is invent – innovate – implement