Job Title: Field Service Engineer II – Onsite Shift Position
Reports to: Regional Field Service Supervisor
This position entails the installation, service, troubleshooting and repair of complex electronic and electromechanical equipment, site service and field process applications and qualifications. In addition, the position is accountable for being able to operate as an independent “product expert” on selected EVG product lines. Capable of implementing detailed, complex customer installation plans for both reliability and process qualification and sign-off. Training customer personnel on advanced equipment operation, maintenance procedures and process related operations. Provides onsite technical support for development and implementation of equipment and process applications. Trains customers and other Field Service Engineers on specific product lines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each of the primary duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
1. Completes onsite equipment installations or complex retrofits on equipment and obtains Final Acceptance by the customer.
2. Provides professional and courteous service to customers with a primary goal of complete customer satisfaction.
3. Performs complex repairs and calibration of company products.
4. Assists customers and other personnel in identifying and repairing equipment related process problems.
5. Performs onsite preventative maintenance, cleans equipment as required and verifies the operational quality of system equipment.
6. Performs start-up, warranty, paid service and service contract activities. Performs hardware set-up on specified systems within established time frames.
7. Serves as a company liaison with the customer’s front-line management on administrative and technical matters. Instructs customers in the complete operation and maintenance of equipment.
8. Keeps management informed of down situations. Documents, logs and reports activities as required.
9. Works overtime and/or travels on short notice, including unscheduled call-outs from home and other shifts as needed.
10. Troubleshoots and corrects process variations on systems. Diagnoses sources of hardware or process problems on equipment, facilities, or wafers.
11. Recommends appropriate actions and maintains ongoing awareness of existing and potential situations. Handles system and customer situations while informing management of developments on a timely basis.
12. Prepares and conducts local customer meetings and communicates orally with customers in face-to-face, one-on-one settings, group settings and communicates professionally by e-mail and telephone as needed.
13. Prepares and submits all required paperwork on a timely routine basis.
14. Maintains all assigned equipment logs and records promptly and thoroughly.
15. Must be able to travel domestically and internationally overnight, as needed, up to 30% of the time. Must possess a valid passport.
16. This position requires the use of EVG hired vehicles on EVG business. Individuals must be physically capable of operating the vehicles safely, possess a valid driver’s license and have acceptable driving privileges.
17. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills (foreign and domestic).
18. Other duties, as assigned.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Initiates purchase orders for parts and service.
2. Develops and implements plans to increase productivity through tracking equipment performance and plan uptime improvement
3. Keeps informed and trained on company’s most current systems, methods and procedures, including site safety.
4. Demonstrates excellent customer service skills (foreign and domestic).
5. Exhibits good housekeeping practices in all work areas.
Qualifications / Education / Skills and Experience
1. This position requires an Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in a related engineering field or up to four (4) years of experience installing/repairing semiconductor/electronic production equipment.
2. Intermediate electromechanical troubleshooting skills.
3. Ability to communicate and demonstrate professional conduct with all levels of Management, personnel and customers.
4. Must have advanced PC skills.
5. Kepner-Tregoe Problem Solving Decision Making training, preferred.
1. While performing duties of this job, individual is regularly required to stand, sit, reach with hand and arms, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl and lift/move up to 30 pounds. Visual acuity required. Individual is required to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls frequently and be able to reach with hand and arms above shoulder level occasionally.
2. Ability to wear proper cleanroom attire and work inside the fab/cleanroom up to 75% of the time.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. Employee will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
A review of this position has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
Our philosophy is invent – innovate – implement