Automation Engineer, Automation Controls Engineer, Machine Controls Engineer, Process Controls Engineer, Automation Consultant, PLC Engineer
Direct Hire/Full Time
This role is for a Controls Engineer with Siemens (especially Siemens networking) experience. The role is approximately 2 months long in Massachusetts and can potentially lead to a lot more work and/or direct hire.
- Bachelor’s in engineering is preferred, or comparable combination of education and experience
- 3-10 years of engineering experience primarily in industrial controls
- Knowledge of controls and automation engineering principles, theories, concepts, and industry practices and standards and their application
- Experience with Siemens control systems (Step 7 version 5.4 or 5.5)
- Experience with Siemens networking (Scalance switches/profinet), Siemens iMAP
- Experience and/or knowledge of Netpro
- Ability to provide technical direction, coordinate work, and maintain effective communication with team members, project management, and client representatives
- Replacing Siemens PLCs, updating all the IP addresses of devices in the plant, replacing all the scalance switches to be able to support multiple VLANs (one for control and one for thin clients).
- Migrating Siemens software versions.
- These duties will be performed in conjunction with a team of several engineers.
We offer you
- Highly competitive pay
- Work with Fortune 500/Blue Chip clientele
- Expansion of your skill set and exposure to emerging, robust technologies
E-Technologies Group (https://www.etech-group.com/) is Control Engineering Magazine’s 2018 System Integrator of the Year, providing high-value engineering and information technology service for all project phases since its founding in 1993. We provide innovative engineering solutions to clients in the Food & Beverage, Consumer Packaged Goods, Life Sciences, and Pharmaceutical industries.