Sr. Systems Network Engineer
- Posted: January 15, 2023
ESpace Networks is an innovative startup focused on helping organizations redefine Satcom connectivity procurement and operations. We are looking for a Systems Network Engineer responsible for settings up and pre-configure IT equipment ready for maritime & deployment. Equipment includes EPOS, laptops/PCs & various network equipment. Tasks can include but are not limited to: Unpacking and laying out equipment on benches, labeling, setting IP addresses, loading configuration scripts, basic testing, and assembling hardware components.
- Work with hardware providers
- Receive hardware at staging
- Install proprietary software on servers
- Pre-configure hardware
- Build automation tools
- Design system networks based on ESpace platform and functionality
- May be required to work on the weekend as needed
- Associate degree in Information Technology, Network Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience managing software platforms or designing connectivity networks
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to troubleshoot basic network and software issues about lab system tasks and store-specific builds
- Three years of experience supporting various hardware, software, and operating system platforms
- Experience with multiple hardware vendor platforms, HP, NCR, Bizerba
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills
- Ability to resolve technical issues by making decisions using sound business judgment
- Solid understanding of the functional and operational practices necessary to operate in a highly available, highly secure, and highly regulated environment to meet business and compliance requirements and
- Foster and maintain working relationships with customers to ensure processes are optimized to support expected customer service levels.
- Efficient network understanding (LAN, WLAN, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP)
- Certification as IT Technician will be an advantage (e.g., CompTIA A+, Microsoft Certified IT Professional, CCNA) or working towards
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?