Human Resources Intern - Summer Internship Program
- Posted: over a month ago
Who We Are:
We have operations in Saint Louis, Missouri, Milford, Connecticut and Huntington Beach, California, serving local, national and international customers, both military and commercial. The company supplies platform controls, aircraft components, liquid oxygen equipment, and emergency breathing equipment to its customers.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Intern to help support initiatives in St. Louis. The HR Intern will spend the majority of time in our manufacturing facilities and at the corporate headquarters. This role includes collaborating with the HR team on broad company-wide initiatives. The HR Intern displays a high-level of customer focus with all employees, demonstrates core values and high-degree of integrity and respect for all customers. You will have an opportunity to participate in a range of HR initiatives and programs that make a difference and allows you to develop.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
· Gain exposure to a variety of HR areas including; employee engagement and retention, benefits, compensation, diversity, equity and inclusion and various HR programs to support employee development.
· Support employee engagement activities that work to improve company culture.
· Support the design of DE&I initiatives in focusing on the overall strategy for all of Essex.
· Gain exposure to employee relations issues, investigations and recommending solutions through progressive discipline process.
· Support HR team through research, project support, reporting/analytics.
· Drive research projects and manage one or two projects to help advance HR initiatives to improve the employee experience.
· Assist with planning and participating in fun events that help boost engagement.
· Other job duties and responsibilities as assigned.Requirements:
Education and Experience (Requirements):
Currently enrolled in Bachelor’s degree courses in Human Resources, Management, or other related major.
This role will be perfect for someone that:
· Wants to make a difference.
· Has excellent project management capabilities
· Is customer oriented and understands that employees are a main customer to HR
· Will embrace our core values and live them throughout the time at Essex
· Is resourceful, creative, has a passion for learning and can teach others
· Brings fresh ideas and thinking to work and can communicate these to the team
· Takes initiative and wants to make a difference
Why Choose Essex?
Since 1947, Essex has been offering high quality parts and services to our customers. Our employees are what makes that happen so we do our best to take care of what matters most, by offering a competitive total rewards package for our employees. It’s our commitment to making this a great place to work.
The Guller Foundation, the charitable arm of Essex Industries, contributes to various local organizations.
ESSEX INDUSTRIES INC AND
7700 GravoisSaint Louis, MO
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?