ESSA Bank & Trust, a publicly held company with 21 branches throughout Eastern PA, has an immediate opening for a Customer Service Specialist/Supervisor in Wilkes Barre, PA. Banking experience of at least four years is a requirement. Teller, Customer Service (platform), bank product knowledge, supervisor experience and bank account opening experience is a must.
Basic Qualifications of the Customer Service Specialist:
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Specialized banking education and training.
Skill(s): Proficient reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; moderate typing skills; moderate computer skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills; a comprehensive knowledge of all bank forms and documents used in opening new accounts; a working knowledge of bank retail products and services, along with the operating policies and procedures that impact these products.
Experience: A minimum of four (4) years experience in related Banking positions normally required.
General Responsibilities of the Bank Customer Service Specialist:
- Responsible for performing a variety of duties to support the consumer services function of a Branch office.
- Coordinating work within the department, as well as with other departments.
- Reporting pertinent information to the immediate supervisor.
- Responding to inquiries or requests for information.
- Providing guidance and on-the-job training to Customer Service Representative(s).
- Assisting the immediate supervisor with administrative tasks to support branch operations.
- Identifying and acting on referral opportunities.
- Responsible for working as an active member of the branch office sales/service team.
- Providing customers with direct service relating to all Bank retail products.
- Developing customer relationships so as to take advantage of additional selling and cross-selling opportunities.
- Communicating with the manager with respect to sales objectives, sales performance, and other factors affecting the sales/service effort.
- Providing required information on sales and service activities.
Essential Duties of the Bank Customer Service Specialist:
- Completes the documentation and performs point-of-sale processing on all types of new accounts, e.g., loans, deposits, etc.
- Provides support to office customer service personnel engaged in establishing quantitative customer service and sales objectives on an annual basis as warranted; this activity to be integrated with the office's annual marketing/sales plan.
- Provides assistance, as requested, to office customer service personnel involved in soliciting new business from present and prospective customers; maintains ongoing business relationships with present customers in order to take advantage of additional cross-selling opportunities.
- Provides customer service information on a timely basis in order that this information may be included as part of monthly and year-to-date performance reports.
- Serves as a member of the office sales team, e.g., Branch Manager, Customer Service Rep., etc.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the features and benefits of all bank products and services in order to ascertain customer needs and to participate in selling in conjunction with these needs.
- Provides direct service to customers of the Bank with respect to deposit products and services; supplies pertinent information on other products and services, e.g., loans, trust, etc., as needed.
- Assists customers in obtaining specialized services from other bank departments as necessary; provides help to customers with specific inquiries or service problems.
- Maintains an awareness of new business opportunities with customers; actively refers customers to appropriate customer service personnel as warranted when these opportunities are available.
- Provides assistance to business banking customers in establishing new deposit accounts and other business products.
- Coordinates specific work tasks with other personnel within the office as well as with other departments in order to ensure the smooth and efficient flow of information.
- Abides by the current laws and organizational policies and procedures designed and implemented to promote an environment which is free of harassment and other forms of illegal discriminatory behavior in the work place.
- Cooperates with, participates in, and supports the adherence to all internal policies, procedures, and practices in support of risk management and overall safety and soundness and the Bank's compliance with all regulatory requirements, e.g. Community Reinvestment Act (CRA), Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), Equal Credit Opportunity Act, etc.
- Reports pertinent information to the immediate supervisor as requested, or according to an established schedule; compiles information as necessary or as directed and provides data to appropriate bank personnel.
- Responds to inquiries relating to his/her particular area, or to requests from customers, other bank personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Provides leadership, on-the-job training, and technical guidance to Customer Service Representative(s).
We offer a competitive pay structure and comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- 401k with Company Match
- Life Insurance
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity
About ESSA Bank & Trust:
ESSA Bank and Trust is a publicly traded organization and has continued to provide financial services for over 100 years. The Bank operates 22 community offices throughout the Greater Pocono, Lehigh Valley, Scranton/Wilkes-Barre and western Philadelphia markets. As of September 30, 2018, ESSA Bancorp had consolidated assets of $1.8 billion, consolidated deposits of $1.3 billion and consolidated stockholders' equity of $179.2 million.