We are committed to provide our employees a stable work environment with equal opportunity for learning and personal growth. The success of ESS Metron is built by committed, efficient employees who believe in our company, who gain satisfaction from their work, and who strive towards extraordinary achievement. We believe that people work best in an environment where they are recognized for their efforts and respected as individuals.
What We Are Looking For:
As Pablo Picasso once said, "Everything you can imagine is real." Are you someone who can step back and see the big picture --the end goal, then have the creativity and technical skills to make it happen? We are seeking an individual who can come in and hit the ground running, work autonomously, and build strong relationships with our customers. Our ideal candidate will possess an electrical engineering degree and experience with power control, not process control.
The PLC/Software Controls Engineer is primarily responsible for supporting all PLC design aspects through the entire design and commissioning process. This function requires a degree of intra-departmental coordination., completing tasks that are critical to the success of the VP of Engineering leadership objectives.
- Self Motivated
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support projects from conception, testing (internal and customer), and field commissioning.
· Ability to work on multiple projects at once.
· Become intimately familiar with ESSMetron’s design standards, codes and manufacturing standards
· Provide additional verbal and written instructions to support manufacturing and test processes
· Review proposals and assist as needed in the quotation support process
· Occasional travel
· Experience with low voltage or medium voltage power distribution equipment, generator controls and system
· Protective Relay understanding and programming experience
· Experience with Allen Bradley/Rockwell and Siemens PLC
· Experience with communication protocols/schemes
· An electrical engineering degree or substantial applicable experience
· Manufacturing environment experience preferred
· Ability to understand control schematics, and any associated hardware
What Else Do I Need To Know About Being A PLC / Software Controls Engineer For ESS METRON?
Hours: Full Time, with a minimum of 40 hours per week (may require more hours depending on the needs of the business, including some weekends).
Start Date: Immediately
Company Benefits Include:
- Sick Pay
- 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Growth opportunities
- Long Term Disability
About ESS Metron
As one of the world's leading designers and manufacturers of low and medium voltage power distribution product solutions, integrated power distribution centers, custom control products, modular control buildings and skid mounted power distribution & pumping systems. With over 60 years of experience, ESS Metron has produced the highest quality products for the most demanding applications & environments know.
ESS Metron provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ESS Metron complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment. This policy applied to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.