Title: Project Controls Scheduler
Location: San Diego, CA
Pay Rate: $50.00 to $65.00 per hour
Duration of Job: Over 1-year, contract-to-hire
The Scheduler provides interpretive data to our clients, (owner or general contractor), that enable the customer to stay on schedule, track resources, manage costs and mitigate delay damages. The position entails face-to-face interaction with customers to present data for both baseline schedules and regular schedule updates. Duties will include, but are not limited to, creation of detailed network schedules, analysis of earned value/ schedule performance data, critical path analyses, etc. for weekly/monthly reporting. The scheduler will work hand in hand with the project management team and will support the team with other project controls functions as needed.
- Develop and maintain project schedules, identifying relationships, logic,
- milestones, durations, and constraints for the portfolio of projects.
- Monitor and proactively provide input on project and issues impacting the project.
- Provide Earned Value analysis and/ or other progress reporting functions
- Communicate and coordinate between individuals and departments, to manage
- the program schedule and update process
- Work independently with Project Managers to design project scopes and report
- on costs and schedules.
- Own the Baseline schedule and work with the clients on updates providing
- strategic and intuitive information for the team to use.
- Perform needed QA/QC on project schedules, to ensure alignment/ compliance
- with program goals and initiatives.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports, as directed by management
- Contractor/ subcontractor interface and review
- Run/ manage schedule review meetings
- Coordinate and liaison across multiple departments to ensure stakeholder buy-in
- to the project schedule
- BA/BS degree (Construction or Engineering preferred) with 5+ years' work
- experience or equivalent.
- Proficiency with critical path network scheduling tools, specifically Primavera P6
- Knowledge and skills in critical path method (CPM) project schedule
- Experience with earned value and other performance measurement techniques.
- Excellent personal computer skills.
- Advanced MS Office skills.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and analytical abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Experience in network schedule development working in a project team
- environment, using advanced scheduling techniques such as resource loading,
- and critical path analysis.
- Experience in critical path schedule analysis, integrated cost-schedule planning,
- schedule performance assessment, and reporting.
- Experience in Work Breakdown Structure development.
- Experience with cost-schedule change control processes.
- Ability to work collaboratively during interactive planning sessions making
- changes in real time
- Utility experience; specifically, transmission, distribution, and/ or substation
- Experience with high volume quick turnaround projects