Technical Writer, Senior (607862)
- Posted: over a month ago
Enterprise Solutions and Management (ESM) is a rapidly growing government contractor that provides strategic IT services that meet mission needs for Defense and Federal customers. We are hiring a Technical Writer, Senior for an exciting opportunity located in Albany, Georgia.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Support generation of written technical documents and artifacts that may contain both public domain and restricted data. Restricted data may include proprietary and/or sensitive data protected under the Privacy Act.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Support development of IT-related documentation including, but not limited to:
- Standard operating procedures, work instructions, policies, and processes for administration, management, recovery, startup and shut down, interconnectivity, certificates, remediation, and tasks.
- Results of analyses or tests performed by technical teams
- White papers or briefings that communicate operational data including performance metrics of applications, networks and systems.
- Program status
- Organize material and complete writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Maintain records and files of work and revisions.
- Maintain configuration management/document version control.
- Edit, standardize, or make changes to material prepared by other writers or establishment personnel.
- Confer with subject matter experts to establish technical specifications and to determine subject material to be developed for publication.
- Review published materials and recommend revisions or changes in scope, format, content, and methods of reproduction and binding.
- Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate stressful situations
- Candidate must communicate effectively with team members, team lead, management, and government customer
- Must have the ability and desire to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems with minimal supervision
- Capable of working in a fast-evolving environment and support advancements in the industry
Minimum Training, Education, and Certifications
- BS & 4 - 9 years experience
- 8570 IAT ii Certification (EG: Sec +)
- Ability to perform duties with little or no supervision
- Ability to communicate with internal/external parties to provide update status and convey complex IT concepts to non-technical audiences
- Secret clearance preferred but not required
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants may be required to show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to be eligible for employment at some work sites
ESM provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
EducationView all jobs at ESM
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?