Systems Administrator - Intermediate
- Posted: over a month ago
Enterprise Solutions and Management (ESM) is a rapidly growing government contractor that provides strategic IT services that meet mission needs for Defense and Federal customers. We are hiring a Systems Administrator-Intermediate for an exciting opportunity located in Ft. Leavenworth, KS.
Job Description and Responsibilities
Under general supervision, responsible for installing, configuring, and maintaining operating system workstations and servers, including web servers, in support of business processing requirements. Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Schedules installations and upgrades and maintains them in accordance with established IT policies and procedures. Monitors and tunes the system to achieve optimum performance levels. Ensures workstation/server data integrity by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions. Ensures data/media recoverability by implementing a schedule of system backups and database archive operations. Supports media management through internal methods and procedures or through offsite storage and retrieval services. Develops and promotes standard operating procedures. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of workstations and servers to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, and configuration guidelines. Develops and maintains a comprehensive operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSA)
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in a written form with users and office staff
- Ability to work independently and within a team structure
- Ability to set priorities and organize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with those contacted during the course of the work day
- Be a positive, self-motivated, and proactive person with the ability to adapt to change and tolerate stressful situations
- Candidate must communicate effectively with team members, team lead, management, and government customer
- Must have the ability and desire to research and develop creative solutions to unique problems with minimal supervision
Minimum Training, Education, and Certifications
- BA/BS Degree with 5+ years of experience or AA/AS with 7+ years of experience
- Security+ CE and a Computing Environment certification (Windows server, etc.)
- Secret Clearance
- Ability to sit, stand, walk for extended periods of time
- Ability to use a computer
- Other duties as assigned
- Applicants may be required to show proof of a COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card to be eligible for employment at some work sites
ESM provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin or ancestry, disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identification or any other characteristic protected by state, federal or local law.
TechnologyView all jobs at ESM
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?