ERIKS (www.ERIKS.com) has been a leading international industrial service provider since 1940. ERIKS North America offers a wide range of innovative, high-quality mechanical engineering components and associated technical and logistics services from 140 locations across the United States, Canada and Mexico under four companies-including ERIKS NA Inc., Rawson, Industrial Controls, and ERIKS Seals and Plastics. From agriculture to power generation and from oil and gas to petrochemicals, ERIKS North America provides a local presence and infinite possibilities, backed by ERIKS' worldwide network of resources and know-how from more than 60 companies with locations in 21 countries. ERIKS North America was recently ranked 20th on Modern Distribution Management (MDM) magazine's 2017 list of Top 40 Industrial Distributors. For more information, please visit www.ERIKSNA.com.
ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY
Position: Customer Sales and Service Manager
Job Location: ERIKS Seals and Plastics - Renton, WA
Job Type: Full-Time
Summary of the Role
Provide leadership and direction to the Inside Sales and Purchasing Departments for achievement of performance objectives and achievement of customer satisfaction. Oversees the activities of Customer Sales Service Representatives and Purchasing Associates. Supports development and implementation of customer service policies and procedures to ensure consistent customer service and satisfaction. Leads team in identifying technical sales opportunities. Liaison between CSSR's, Purchasing and Outside Sales.
- Must maintain 100% commitment to safety policies and procedures.
- Create and foster a motivational work environment, which encourages professional development, team collaboration and high performance.
- Team Management - including recruiting, on-boarding, scheduling, time-keeping, training, work allocation, and problem resolution.
- Performance Management oversight - including addressing gaps in performance, coaching to improve performance, clearly setting expectations, and taking further disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Lead training and development on technical issues and new products. Identify new sales opportunities in cooperation with Account Managers. Ensure all CSSR's obtain the required level of product knowledge necessary to effectively promote ERIKS' products.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with customers, and support CSSR's in effectively managing customer issues.
- Understand the needs of our customers and determine solutions that offer the best fit with ERIKS; make continuous improvement recommendations for all phases of customer support.
- Qualifies new accounts for potential, delegate's action and follow up.
- When necessary, support CSSR's by processing requests for quotes.
- Ensure compliance with Quality Management System.
- Provide support for Account Managers as required.
- Work closely with General Manager to ensure consistently superior service to customers and sales growth for the company.
- Review daily orders and quotes to determine judgment relative to pricing, sourcing and communication to team, and managing effective workload.
- Respond timely to customer Corrective Action Requests and ensure effective implementation of Corrective Action.
- Identify and resolve customer/vendor issues regarding daily transactional items.
- Continually analyze department performance to improve customer service efficiency; identify training needs for direct reports; design, develop and implement training and continuous improvement programs for department.
Skills and Abilities
- Effective customer service interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence for positive outcome.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize responsibilities
- Must have excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Must possess a mechanical aptitude with the ability to read and interpret drawings to understand how to meet customer requirements; learn how our products are manufactured and utilized by our customers
- Basic computer skills including MS Word, Excel, internet and email
- Must be able to successfully utilize the company software
- 3-5 years relevant experience supervising or managing an Insides Sales/Customer Service Team
- College degree preferred, will consider equivalents
- Competitive compensation plan with variable compensation opportunity
- Health Benefits: medical, dental, vision, short term and long term disability
- 401-k with company match
- Paid time off
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is our policy to employ qualified persons without regard for race, creed, color, national origin, nationality, ancestry, age, sex, marital or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation or disability. Individuals are considered for employment, promotion, or training solely on their ability to perform the essential functions of the position.