Senior Communications Specialist
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ERG has an exciting opportunity in Arlington, VA, for a strong writer and editor to provide strategic communications support for federal health, safety and sustainability initiatives. In this position, you will support a variety of environmental health and safety projects, including working to continuously monitor and update our client’s COVID-19 response efforts. This high-profile position will perform research and gather data to inform our client’s pandemic mitigation tactics as well as manage the dissemination of this information to our client’s customers.
The ideal candidate is an organized, strategic thinker and team leader, capable of balancing competing tasks and priorities while working collaboratively with clients.
Job duties include:
- Performing research and gathering information
- Planning, developing, and editing promotional materials, guidance documents and other communications products
- Developing outreach campaign plans and communications strategies
- Producing accurate, timely content that adheres to client style guides and preferences
- Coordinating client requests
- Project management—tracking progress, ensuring deadlines are met, and coordinating with senior managers
- Collaborating across multidisciplinary teams including scientists, safety and health professionals, graphic designers, IT professionals and web developers
- Able to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- A bachelor’s degree and 6 to 8 years of experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Polished writing and editing skills
- Ability to correspond professionally with clients, including senior leadership
- An eye for detail and meticulous approach to complex processes
- Strong time management skills
- Adaptability to continuously changing priorities
- Proven experience with client relations and customer service
- Enthusiasm for high-impact safety and sustainability communications
- Experience with government contracting or supporting federal programs
- Experience with health and safety, COVID-19 or environmental topics
- Familiarity with web content management systems, SharePoint and web best practices
Job ID: ARLLR0420222A11
ERG, as a matter of policy, requires that all its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an ERG approved medical or religious exemption.
Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse and inclusive team.
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. COVID-19 HIRING – most hiring processes are currently virtual during the pandemic. All interviews, as well as new hire orientations, will take place via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform.
For applicants that require an accommodation: As a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. Please contact Human Resources via e-mail at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or telephone 781-674-7293 to request an accommodation.
There’s a reason ERGers are so dedicated. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, partnerships we foster, and culture we value both within and outside of our organization.
At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.
ERGWhy Work Here?
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits!
ERG is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a broad range of professional services. From offices across the country, we serve a spectrum of public and private clients, including federal agencies, state governments, corporations, and universities. ERG's mission is to help our clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, plan sustainable facilities, and achieve other positive outcomes. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.