Mid-Level Java Developer
ERG Lexington, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
Are you an experienced web developer who is ready for their next challenge and wants to contribute to a team that is developing software and web solutions to support environmental and public health organizations? Are you looking for a flexible work environment that is intellectually challenging and builds software using modern development practices? This is a terrific opportunity to join ERG's established team of creative, dedicated, and technically skilled professionals. ERG (www.erg.com) is seeking mid-level Java web developers to join our digital solutions team. Interested candidates should submit a resume, cover letter, and include links to your LinkedIn profile, code repository, and any portfolio or other code samples.
- Demonstrated proficiency using Java. Groovy and Oracle database experience a plus.
- Design, code, test, deploy and document web applications according to established standards.
- Troubleshoot and solve web development issues.
- Assist with creating database objects (e.g., tables, views, procedures) that represent and support business processes.
- Create both manual and automated test plans and test cases. Experience with automated testing frameworks Spock and JUnit a plus.
- A passion for growing your skills, enthusiastically keeping up with the latest trends and methods for developing software and managing/analyzing data, and taking on interesting and challenging problems.
- BA/BS (or minor) in Digital and Computational Studies, Computer Science, or related interdisciplinary majors or related fields (e.g., mathematics, biology, environmental science) Minimum GPA of 3.0. Will accept equivalent work experience.
- 3 - 5 years of work experience as a Java based web application developer.
Job ID: LEXAL1119212C11
ERG is a federal contractor, and as such follows all federal regulations imposed on federal contractors. All ERG employees who do not qualify for a religious or medical exemption from the COVID–19 vaccine must be fully vaccinated.
Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse and inclusive team.
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. COVID-19 HIRING – most hiring processes are currently virtual during the pandemic. All interviews, as well as new hire orientations, will take place via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform.
For applicants that require an accommodation: As a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. Please contact Human Resources via e-mail at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or telephone 781-674-7293 to request an accommodation.
There’s a reason ERGers are so dedicated. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, partnerships we foster, and culture we value both within and outside of our organization.
At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.
ERGWhy Work Here?
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits!
ERG is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a broad range of professional services. From offices across the country, we serve a spectrum of public and private clients, including federal agencies, state governments, corporations, and universities. ERG's mission is to help our clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, plan sustainable facilities, and achieve other positive outcomes. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.