Junior Electrical Engineer - Manufacturing
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance,
ERG is seeking a Junior Electrical Engineer to support design, commissioning, and construction of electrical systems for chemical and energetics manufacturing facilities at a federal site in Indian Head, Maryland. Anticipated start is Spring 2023.
Specific duties include:
- Prepare industrial process control system design packages (e.g., drawings, specifications, and cost estimates) for new or upgraded process control systems including, but not limited to, panel layouts, power distribution, network architecture, input/output (I/O) instrumentation, , grounding/bonding, security, and raceway/cable tray.
- Review, test, and troubleshoot industrial process control system elements including, but not limited to, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, human machine interfaces (HMIs), and programmable logic controllers (PLCs), field wiring, I/O configuration, sensors and instrumentation, network communications, pneumatic systems, and panel and device wiring/cabling.
- Conduct technical reviews of design packages created by others to assess compliance with applicable Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), electrical codes, and regulations as well as end-user requirements.
- Support design process from concept through delivery of completed design package.
- Prepare technical memoranda/reports that summarize information, such as requirements or basis of design.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other stakeholders internal to, and external to, the design team (e.g., engineering department, manufacturing department).
ERG (www.erg.com) is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, planning, and explosive safety professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 20 years.
This position will be full time at the federal site in Indian Head, MD, and will include interaction and support from ERG personnel at the federal site, as well as from ERG’s Chantilly and Arlington offices. Indian Head is approximately 30 miles from Washington, DC. Alternate work schedules may be considered.
The salary for this position ranges from $60,000 to $80,000, depending on years and type of experience.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- Experience with process control systems is preferred, but not required.
- Awareness and/or fluency in NFPA 70 NEC.
- Experience working with AutoCAD.
- Ability to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
Job ID: CHAJE1103222B11
Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse and inclusive team.
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is https://www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Skype, Teams, GoToMeeting, or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. Currently, most hiring processes are conducted virtually. ERG suspended its COVID-19 vaccination mandate on 9/30/2022. Please note, however, that changing conditions could require us to reinstate our vaccination mandate in the future (e.g., if best practices or governmental regulation require reinstatement).
For applicants that require an accommodation: As a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. Please contact Human Resources via e-mail at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or telephone 781-674-7293 to request an accommodation.
There’s a reason ERGers are so dedicated. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, partnerships we foster, and culture we value both within and outside of our organization.
At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.
AddressIndian Head, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at ERG
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?