ERG is seeking a motivated and experienced energy engineer or analyst with a passion to drive change in the built environment. This position will provide full-time on-site technical support in a team setting for a federal agency located in Arlington, VA and will serve as a key member on the agency’s Energy Program. The overall mission of the Energy Program is to develop, implement, and promote energy conservation, energy efficiency, energy resilience, and sustainability, in accordance with Executive Order 13834, the Energy Security and Independence Act of 2007, and other federal mandates and policies. Responsibilities and activities may include:
- Developing and implementing energy master plans, including identifying, developing, managing, and executing energy projects.
- Providing subject matter expertise on energy sector topics such as energy efficiency, energy resilience, utilities, ESPCs and UESCs, distributed generation, renewable energy, electric vehicles, demand response, and other energy technologies and strategies.
- Conducting energy and water assessments in accordance with EISA 2007 requirements, ASHRAE level II audits, and performing commissioning, recommissioning, and retrocommissioning activities.
- Interfacing with a wide range of stakeholders, including senior managers, policymakers, facility managers, architects, engineers, operations and maintenance, contracting, finance, legal, regulatory agencies, local government organizations, and other contractors, to promote the Energy Program mission.
- Performing complex energy and financial analyses leveraging appropriate software and hardware tools, including meter and logger deployment, interval data analysis, BAS/SCADA/enterprise metering software, utility bills, energy audits, energy modeling, energy savings calculations, cost estimation, and life cycle cost analysis.
- Researching and evaluating emerging technologies and innovative approaches towards energy resilience, energy efficiency, and renewable energy.
- Participating and contributing to the iterative design and construction process for facility improvement projects in order to optimize overall energy performance in accordance with relevant energy codes and policies.
- Managing and fostering the strategic direction of the agency’s Energy Program, including directly engaging with the client and actively representing Government interests in project work with other contractors.
- Participating in growing and expanding ERG’s overall energy practice.
ERG (www.erg.com) is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, environmental, and sustainability professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 15 years.
ERG also offers excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401(k) plan, profit sharing, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more.
Candidates must have:
- BS degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, or related technical degree required. MS degree a plus. Minimum 3.2 GPA for all degrees.
- Minimum five years of experience in energy management, energy auditing, performance contracting, commissioning, or MEP design for large commercial facilities required.
- Knowledge of energy consuming building systems (e.g., lighting, HVAC, motors, VFDs, controls, chillers, boilers, data centers, electrical distribution, transformers, and batteries).
- Knowledge of energy generation systems and power purchasing (e.g., cogeneration, on-site solar PV, wind, off-site PPAs, green power purchasing).
- Experience completing ASHRAE Level II energy audits of commercial facilities.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Self-motivated, adaptive learner in a changing environment and able to prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to effectively communicate to diverse audiences.
- Strong team player and motivator with ability to foster cooperation and make decisions with groups of government and consulting team members.
- Must be able to obtain a Department of Defense (DoD) Secret security clearance.
Additional qualifications and experience in the following areas is not required, but is preferred:
- PE and CEM.
- Completion of five ASHRAE Level II energy audits greater than 100,000 SF, including experience with laboratories and data centers.
- Experience with energy modeling software, such as EnergyPlus or eQUEST.
- Experience with building automation systems, such as Metasys, Delta, and Niagara.
- Experience with government contracting or construction management.
- Knowledge of Federal Performance Contracting processes (e.g., ESPC, UESC).
- Active DoD Secret security clearance.
Job ID: NRVIK0610192B11
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability