Entry-Level Chemical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ERG is seeking an entry level chemical engineer to provide process engineering support in the Washington, DC metro area. The position will be based in Chantilly, VA and require visits to a federal site in Indian Head, Maryland. This position is open to hybrid-remote work while residing in the Washington, DC metro area.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Perform basic chemical engineering calculations that support process design, equipment configuration and process condition establishment decisions.
- Evaluate process equipment for potential environmental and safety impacts.
- Provide up to 2-3 days/week of onsite support at Indian Head, Maryland.
- Formulate industrial risk mitigation strategies.
- Prepare standard operating procedures (SOPs) and other technical documentation.
- Perform hazard analyses of manufacturing operations.
- Interact with technical customers to provide process engineering and safety support.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
- 0-3 years of experience.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (college transcripts required).
- Strong writing and communication skills.
- Competence using spreadsheet and database software to compile, analyze, and present data.
- Strong time management skills and the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Demonstrated interest or direct experience in process safety.
- Coursework in or experience developing hazard analyses, risk assessments, SOPs, and other technical documentation.
- Ability to obtain DoD SECRET level security clearance.
ERG (www.erg.com) is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, planning, and explosive safety professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for more than 20 years.
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits, including health and dental insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, educational benefits, flexible spending accounts, a generous 401k plan, profit sharing, an employee assistance program, paid vacation and holidays, sick leave, and more. For more information about ERG, please visit www.erg.com.
Job ID: CHAJE0617222B11
ERG, as a matter of policy, requires that all its employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have an ERG approved medical or religious exemption.
Successful candidates must be committed to working with a diverse and inclusive team.
Eastern Research Group, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and complies with applicable EEO and affirmative action regulations. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. COVID-19 HIRING – most hiring processes are currently virtual during the pandemic. All interviews, as well as new hire orientations, will take place via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform.
For applicants that require an accommodation: As a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ERG’s online application process as a result of your disability. Please contact Human Resources via e-mail at Resumes-Lex@erg.com or telephone 781-674-7293 to request an accommodation.
There’s a reason ERGers are so dedicated. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. We promote and recognize principles of fairness, equity, and social justice in the work we do, partnerships we foster, and culture we value both within and outside of our organization.
At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.
ERGWhy Work Here?
ERG offers competitive salaries and excellent benefits!
ERG is a multidisciplinary consulting firm offering a broad range of professional services. From offices across the country, we serve a spectrum of public and private clients, including federal agencies, state governments, corporations, and universities. ERG's mission is to help our clients protect the environment, improve worker health and safety, ensure the safety of food and drugs, plan sustainable facilities, and achieve other positive outcomes. We work in a friendly, flexible, inclusive environment with clients who are committed to making the world a better place. At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.