- Posted: 1 day ago
- $80,000 to $105,000 Yearly
- Benefits: 401k, dental, life insurance, medical, vision,
ERG is seeking an experienced electrical engineer to independently develop electrical designs for renovations and upgrades to existing buildings and power distribution systems at a federal site in Indian Head, Maryland. Specific duties include:
- Prepare design packages (including electrical design drawings, specifications, and cost estimates) for renovation projects such as replacement and installation of HVAC, electrical power service, emergency generator, surge suppression, lightning protection, grounding, bonding, control systems, and telecommunications systems.
- Conduct technical reviews of design packages created by others to assess compliance with applicable Unified Facilities Criteria (UFC), electrical codes, and regulations as well as end-user requirements.
- Provide technical input to proposal development for renovation projects.
- Support design process from concept through delivery of completed design package.
- Prepare technical memoranda/reports that summarize information, such as requirements or basis of design.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with other stakeholders internal to, and external to, the design team (e.g., engineering department, manufacturing department).
- Serve as a project manager and/or design manager on some assigned projects.
ERG (www.erg.com)is a well-respected consulting firm providing a wide range of support to federal, state, and commercial clients. The successful candidate will be joining a growing team of engineering, facilities, planning, and explosive safety professionals that focus on quality work and fostering collaborative, long-term relationships. ERG has provided engineering, management, and planning services to this federal client for nearly 20 years.
Please be aware, the only authentic corporate domain for Eastern Research Group, Inc. (ERG) is www.erg.com. ERG may, on occasion, screen applicants via telephone or video interviews via Teams, Zoom or another type of video platform. However, any candidate extended a job offer will be asked to meet in person with an ERG employee before being asked to provide confidential personal information associated with new employment. Currently, most hiring processes are conducted virtually. ERG suspended its COVID-19 vaccination mandate on 9/30/2022. Please note, however, that changing conditions could require us to reinstate our vaccination mandate in the future (e.g., if best practices or governmental regulation require reinstatement).
This position will be full time at the federal site in Indian Head, MD, and will include interaction and support from ERG personnel at the federal site, as well as from ERG’s Chantilly and Arlington offices. Indian Head is approximately 30 miles from Washington, DC. Alternative work schedules may be considered.
The salary for this position ranges from $80,000 to $105,000, depending on years and type of experience. ERG is willing to provide assistance with relocation expenses.
Candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or related field (minimum GPA of 3.0).
- Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred, but not required.
- At least 5 years of experience with designing electrical power systems for new or upgraded buildings.
- Experience with design of energetics-related safety systems (e.g., bonding & grounding, lightning protection systems) is preferred, but not required.
- Must be fluent in NFPA 70 NEC.
- Experience working with AutoCAD and SolidWorks.
- Ability to prioritize, perform, and communicate effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to obtain a DoD Secret level security clearance.
At ERG, we owe our success to our employees. We are always looking for people who bring enthusiasm, creativity, and fresh perspectives. We hire talented, innovative professionals who embrace our collaborative philosophy, diverse culture, and dedication to client service. Then we offer a supportive, collegial work environment so they can excel.
AddressIndian Head, MD
ManufacturingView all jobs at ERG
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?