Sr. Consultant/ Engagement Lead -Power & Utilities
- Posted: over a month ago
Our client is looking for a full time Sr. Consultant/ Engagement Lead -Power & Utilities for Houston/ Dallas/ Austin, Atlanta and Phoenix Location.
Sr. Consultant will act as an Engagement Lead and partner with customers in the Electric Utility space to understand their critical business challenges and implement technology-focused solutions that build a brighter future.
This role will be highly engaged with driving targeted conversations around industry challenges, understanding our customers’ needs, and finding solutions to empower organizations to drive their business to more efficient operations.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate how technology solutions address customer pain points, capture critical win components from the customer, and drive development of a winning proposal. They will build relationships throughout the customer organization to leverage opportunities to capitalize on technology investments. They will be comfortable discussing current state and leading teams to move customers to desired future state. They will lead teams and oversee the work of conducting complicated technology systems integrations, while partnering with sales and marketing groups to continue to build the business footprint.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Effectively present consulting services and solution offerings to prospects and existing customers virtually and in person
- Lead customers through the full sales process while engaging others in the business unit to support as needed
- Follow through on quarterly financial goals – Building and advancing opportunities through the sales funnel, Customer satisfaction and repeat business
- Support quarterly strategy reviews with a data-driven approach to evaluating the market and effectiveness of current plans.
- Lead the positioning of service offerings, including collaborating with internal (and/or external) partners on development of strategic plan, target customers, and tailored offering collateral
- Lead the adaptation of standard value proposition, templates, and guides to support the effective communication of capabilities and delivery of projects.
- Regular review and iteration on service offerings message to align with customer needs and improve market penetration.
- Process Improvement by review of sales processes, proposal processes and identify areas to improve for existing offerings.
- Understand the customer’s technology footprint, strategic growth plans, business drivers, technology strategy, and competitive landscape.
- Leverage existing customer relationships inside the company to generate warm leads
- Position for and prepare responses to RFIs and RFPs
- Maintain up-to-date product knowledge and participate in on-going training
- Maintain accurate sales funnel data and achieve strategic targets
- Establish and maintain long-term business relationships
- Partner with broad sales team to position in new accounts and grow existing accounts
- Drive account discover/planning activities for technology solutions in assigned accounts
- Travel: 25%
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS), Information Technology or related field. Applicable years of experience may be substituted for the degree requirement.
- 3+ years’ experience at industry consulting firm selling and delivering digital-technology strategies and solutions related to relevant systems
- 3+ years’ experience at electric and gas utility (IOU or large municipal/cooperative) leading implementation of or responsible for relevant systems
- Knowledge of Electric Utility Industry as it relates to technology services and implementation in Transmission Planning, Distribution Operations, managing capital projects, grid management systems, data management services and geospatial services.
Demonstrated Skills include:
- Combination of technical skills and business acumen applied to solve complex customer challenges
- Consulting experience and ability to manage Technology Implementation projects within IT and OT space of Utility Clients.
- Knowledge of enterprise IT architecture and the ability to implement them across many tools & platforms
- Strong leadership, project management, time management, and problem-solving skills.
- Critical thinking and prioritization of resources to provide the most value to customers.
- Ability to work and communicate with technical and non-technical customers.
- Sales/Business Development experience
- Work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Drive to keep skills aligned with industry advancements
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Business aptitude and negotiation skills
- Ability to teach technical concepts and a passion for continuous learning
- Contracts and commercial acumen to achieve strong financial results
Relevant System Experience: (Good to have experience in at least 2 of the list below)
Enterprise Asset Management (EAM)
Asset Performance Management (APM)
Meter Data Management System (MDMS)
Computerized Maintenance and Management System (CMMS)
Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition (SCADA)
Advanced Distribution Management System (ADMS)
Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (DERMS)
Outage Management System (OMS)
Energy Management System (EMS)