Reporting to the Director, Trade and Distribution, this position is a national accounts customer-facing representative on a multi-channel account management team in the branded specialty pharmaceutical market. Current and future channels include: Wholesale, Retail, Mail Order, GPO, Specialty Distribution, Specialty Pharmacy, and Hospital.
This position will manage assigned Channel partner accounts. Additionally, this position will also assist in the development and launch of a network consisting of specialty distribution (SPD), specialty pharmacy (SPP), and associated services for specialty injectables. This is a highly visible and entrepreneurial position requiring a high degree of collaboration with departments such as Marketing, Regulatory, Managed Care, Sales, Marketing, Analytics, Finance, IT, and Legal.
The responsibilities of this job include, but are not limited to, the following:
Channel Account Management
- Coordinate with Channel Operations daily on 3PL activities affecting assigned accounts. Ensure no disruptions to channel sales. Responsible to ensure we meet customer service goals of on time delivery, order fulfillment and informing customers of order/shipment status.
- Negotiate distribution service agreements with assigned accounts as necessary.
- Monitor any assigned wholesaler and distributor inventory levels and ensure they meet contractual requirements and are appropriate for forecasted sales levels.
- Assist in revenue management activities. Coordinate directly with channel buyers and account management teams.
- Negotiate GPO agreements and manage accounts to best service customers.
- Recommend, develop, and implement distribution and service strategies for new product launches. Negotiate with vendor partners as required to ensure optimal launch success.
- Build mutually beneficial relationships with the Trade Customers and pricing agencies to ensure key contacts are well informed about company's products.
- Coordinate and resolve customer service issues with Field Sales and Medical Information Unit.
- Travel to meet with channel partners as appropriate. Attend industry symposiums, conferences, and trade shows as directed.
- Education: BS/BA degree from a four-year accredited university or college, MBA preferred.
- 5-7 years of demonstrated experience and proven success in healthcare or biotech/pharmaceutical industries having worked in Trade Relations, Category Management, Managed Care, Marketing, National Accounts or similar environments.
- Experience in contracting with vendors and establishing scope of work, business rules and standard operating procedures.
- Understanding of project management activities and project planning/reporting.
- 3PL Focused experience