Education: Must have current American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) Certification as a Certified Medical Assistant. High School Diploma/GED required. A minimum of two years experience in a medical practice or hospital setting are also required.
Role and Responsibilities
We are a chain of high end Primary Cares looking for a friendly, out-going, hard-working Medical Assistants/Scribes. The ideal candidate must possess a positive attitude, motivated self-starters, with the ability to multi-task. This position will require back office and front office duties.
· Set up exam rooms with all necessary supplies and materials each day.
· Review and input medical histories.
· Prep patients with examination and treatment, and assist Practitioners during office procedures,
· Scribe and assist provider while in exam room with patient which includes review and input of ROS, scribing physical exam, assist provider orders such as prescriptions, referrals, lab orders and scheduling follow-up appointments.
· Venipunctures, EKG’s, Vital Signs, Blood draws, and Injections
· Clean and sterilize instruments.
· Check voicemails and make follow-up calls.
· Other duties required by the supervisor.
Education Requirements and Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent required. Medical Assistant Certification required. Phlebotomy and Clinical experience required. Customer Service and Sales experience is a plus but not required. Knowledge of basic medical terminology and human anatomy is required.
Performs a variety of tasks. Must be a fast learner, experienced with computers, and able to type a minimum of 50-60 wpm. Grammar and spelling are important. Excellent interpersonal skills.
Summary of Duties: Responding to a high volume of in-bound /out-bound calls. Interacting with Patients, Clinicians, Office Staff, Hospitals, Pharmacy’s, Clinics, Home Care and, Insurance Companies etc… Scheduling patients, verifying insurance, processing prescriptions (along with prior authorization) requests and referrals. Downloading faxes, voicemails, Exclusive Physicians emails, and EHR emails. Coordinating mail, faxes and scanning documents to patient charts within a 24 to 48 hour window along with processing medical records requests. Scheduling patients according to company guidelines. Notify your supervisor of anything that hinders your ability to complete your daily tasks. Other functions such as, anything else your supervisor/manager may request of you.
a. Attendance is key for your job role.
2. Courtesy to Co-workers
3. Patient care and satisfaction with respect to each patients circumstances – High Priority
4. Logging into phones upon arrival to work until the end of day
5. Ability to life 30-50 pounds or more, if needed
6. Answering patients questions and returning calls the same day
7. Completing call transactions within 2-3 minutes per call
8. PM/EHR Detail Documentation on all transaction request
9. Checking clinician schedules and following scheduling parameters
10. Directing patients to the appropriate person/department for further assistance
11. Maintaining clean and organized work space
12. Keeping current with office and department procedures
13. Verifying insurance and checking patient balances and dates of service for prior and future scheduled and completed office visits.
14. Participates in education activities and attends CC staff meetings
15. Adheres to Employee Handbook
16. Maintains strictest confidentiality and adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
Education: High School Diploma/GED. Must be a Certified Medical Assistant. A minimum of two years experience in a medical practice or hospital is preferred.
1. Knowledge of the Phone System
2. Knowledge of Medical Terminology
3. Knowledge of PM and EHR Software
4. Knowledge of Hospital Software Programs
5. Knowledge of Diagnostic Exams and Schedules along with Prior Visit Requirements
6. Ability to operate a computer, phone, and basic office equipment
7. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions
8. Ability to stand up to 11 hours per day
9. Must be well organized and detail oriented
10. Takes orders by obtaining and verifying information
11. Enters orders by transmitting information
12. Provides product/service information by answering questions; offering assistance
13. Maintains call center database by entering and verifying information; updating contact log
14. Improves quality results by recommending changes
15. Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions
16. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities
17. Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
Background checks are required.