Property Engineer – Job Description
Look, speak, and always conduct yourself like the professional that you are.
· Maintain excellent Tenant relations by profession communication
· Be polite, courteous, and helpful at all times.
· With the Property Managers knowledge, conduct frequent visits, problem solve. proactively, manage any problems or issues diplomatically after consulting with the Property Manager if needed.
· At the Property managers request, enforce rules tactfully.
· Monitor move ins and move outs per company procedures. Report any problems to the Property Manager.
· Assist/manage small construction projects.
- Assist with incident reports, then advise on possible corrections.
· Manage operating costs and approved capital expenditures.
· Assist Property Managers needed including building inspections, procuring bids, managing staff, building operations, leasing and projects.
· Check HVAC systems to see if they are functioning. Adjust accordingly for outside temperature
· Maintain HVAC units including filter replacements, as directed
· Timely completion of work tickets
· Repair mechanical equipment as directed
· Keep a log of maintenance performed
· Check vacant spaces regularly
· Check exterior lighting twice a month
· Check roof drains weekly
· Maintain an inventory list
· At the Property Managers request, oversee both in house and vendor repairs, construction, and preventative maintenance. Ensure compliance with company rules and local and state codes.
· Property cleanliness: report to the Property Manager and grounds, restroom and common areas that need to be cleaned or maintained.
· Regularly inspect all building equipment, systems, and grounds to ensure that they are operating efficiently and correctly.
· Always immediately report any problems to immediate supervisor
· Ensure all billable work orders are completed and submitted
Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years of property or building maintenance experience, this may be substituted for experience in a professional trade such as Plumbing, electrical, HVAC.
- Prior supervisory experience is a plus
- Familiarity with tenant improvement projects is a plus.
- Very good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as plans and specifications, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to speak professionally and effectively before tenants and fellow employees.
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service and a track record of exceeding customer expectations is a major plus.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Trade school or technical education is preferred as is college associates or higher degree.