Our client is seeking an In-House Creative Director with the vision and leadership skills to take packaging and product branding and design to a new level.
The Creative Director will be an innovative thinker driven by the passion to push the boundaries of creativity in order to forge ahead in the face of emerging technology and fierce competition.
The Creative Director will be responsible for leading the creative team in conceptualizing product and package design and executing successful relevant branding as well as individualized solutions for big box retailers.
Job Responsibilities include
· Managing a team of graphic artists and the department workflow that services multiple brands and divisions.
· Develop the creative vision for each brand and project and ensure that projects are completed efficiently and according to plan and priority.
· Reviewing and approving all creative work.
· Ensuring that all project deadlines are met.
· Ensuring that best practices are employed across the board.
· Studying creative and industry trends.
· Ensuring that all staff are up to date on the latest trends and continuously upgrade their skills where necessary.
· Performing annual staff reviews.
· Collaborating with brand managers on brand direction.
Qualifications / Requirements:
· Bachelors’ degree in art, graphic design or marketing.
· Minimum of ten years working in an agency or creative team environment.
· Minimum of five years in a creative leadership role.
· A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
· Excellent leadership and communication skills.
· Comfort interacting with customers and internal staff alike
· Experience developing compelling brand presentations.
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
· Technical background, including knowledge of HTML and Flash, a plus
· Experience with video (After Effects and Premier) a plus
· Experience with print production (Adobe InDesign) a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer