Associate Buyer - Consumer Goods
EPI New York, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Associate Buyer Job Description:
Brooklyn based Ecommerce Company looking for an Assistant Buyer to support our purchasing department with the selection and procurement of products. Our company employs over 150 people in three locations, has established great teams, and ensures great opportunity and growth.
The Assistant Buyer's responsibilities include maintaining positive vendor relations, preparing retail and pricing strategies, placing and tracking purchase orders, managing inventory and keeping track of market trends. To be successful as an Assistant Buyer, candidates need to be confident, highly organized and excellent communicators. Possessing an analytical mind and excellent negotiating skills are imperative traits needed to succeed in this role.
Assistant Buyer Responsibilities:
• Assisting the buyer with the selection of the right product mix.
• Producing, placing, and tracking purchase orders.
• Ensuring products are purchased at the right time, to specification and at a good price.
• Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long-term relationships.
• Researching new suppliers and making recommendations to the head buyer.
• Preparing competitive retail and pricing strategies.
• Planning, monitoring, and maintaining suitable inventory levels.
• Preparing budgets and forecasting purchasing trends.
• Compiling reports on product performance and statistics.
Assistant Buyer Requirements:
• Formal education in business, economics, marketing or similar field preferred.
• Previous experience in the merchandising or retail industry is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
• Detail oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure.
• Experience with merchandising and competitive pricing software systems is a plus.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Candidate must be authorized to work in the US.
EPIWhy Work Here?
Awesome Company to work for, driven, real potential! Great company to work for!
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at EPI