Based in beautiful Orange County, CA, we are one of the top Electrical General Contracting firms in the entire nation. Due to tremendous growth, we are currently looking to hire a high caliber Mid-Senior Level Project Manager with very strong in the field and management experience on Medium to Large Renewable Energy, Wind and Solar Projects and is willing and able to travel around the nation for specific critical projects.
(I.E. - Our current three projects are Wind Projects with Collection systems at 34.5kv underground and substations 34.5kv to 230kv in Indiana, South Dakota and Texas.)
The Mid-Senior Level Project Manager is responsible for the overall direction, completion, and financial outcome for several small to medium projects or on one very large project. The Senior Project Manager leads and manages a team of project managers, and assistant project managers to deliver exceptional results for our clients. The position proactively develops new business opportunities and relationships with current and potential customers.
(THIS IS AN URGENT POSITION AND ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE TO START ASAP!!!)
Up to $145,000 Base Salary DOE, PLUS Potential Sign-On Bonus & Project Performance/Company Bonuses up to 50K per project, Company Vehicle, $150 Per Diem Daily Tax Free, Gas Card, Full Benefits, Laptop, Cell-Phone and much more.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures and performance standards within boundaries of corporate policies. Put these in clear concise work statement for the field.
- Effectively supervise a staff in the day to day administration of a job, or supervise two or more Project Managers in their daily tasks.
- Train and effectively supervise Project Managers in the company philosophy and systems
- Negotiate and supervise the preparation of all change orders on the project
- Maintain all logs required to track the progress of the project.
- Train and effectively supervise a Project Assistant in the maintenance of project required tracking devices.
- Maintain liaison with prime client and A/E to facilitate construction activities.
- Monitor construction activities in conjunction with the onsite Foreman and Area Superintendent to ensure project is being built on schedule, and within budgets
- Investigate any potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures within company guidelines, and under supervision
- Represent company/project in meetings with client, subcontractors, etc.
- Prepare monthly costing reports
- Manage financial aspects of contracts (progress billing, rental equipment, income/expenses) to protect the company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the client
- The duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the general nature and scope of work being performed by this position. This is not a complete listing and other duties will be assigned based on the positions role within the business unit.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering or other related discipline preferred.
- PE license a plus
- Minimum 7+ years’ experience in project management, preferably in electrical construction. Knowledge of construction technology, scheduling, equipment and methods required.
- Can be a combination of education, training and relevant experience
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES :
- Proven experience mentoring and managing others.
- Business development/heavy client interaction a plus.
- Ability to understand and follow standard operating policies and procedures;
- Ability to perform duties in a professional manner and appearance
- Extensive knowledge of safety protocols and procedures
- Proficient in using a computer and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.); Oracle and Accubid preferred
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks, changing priorities as necessary
- Ability to work under time pressure and adapt to changing requirements with a positive attitude
- Effective oral and written communication skills as required for the position
- Ability to be self-motivated, proactive and an effective team player
- Ability to interact effectively and professionally with all levels of employees, both management and staff alike, vendors, clients, and others
- General work environment – Due to the variety of work to be performed, the Project Manager may be working at a job site or in the office. Work is conducted primarily indoors with varying environmental conditions such as fluorescent lighting and air conditioning. May be sitting for long periods, standing, walking, typing, carrying, pushing, and bending. At a job site, may be exposed to potentially hazardous conditions.
- Noise level is usually low to medium; can be loud on a job site.
- Occasional lifting of up to 40 lbs.