Senior Analyst , FP&A (M&A)
- Expired: April 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
EP Wealth Advisors Admin., LLC ("EPWA") is a wealth management advisory firm with over $15 Billion in AUM as of December 31, 2021, serving predominately high net worth individuals. EPWA fosters an inclusive environment that offers opportunities for our associates to learn, grow and enhance their skills to take on new challenges to progress in their professional careers.
Our Headquarter office in Torrance, CA is hiring for a Senior Analyst of Financial, Planning and Analysis (FP&A) reporting to the Chief Financial Officer. The Senior Analyst of FP&A provides financial leadership and insightful business analysis.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have strong, broad, progressive functional capabilities in strategic planning, accounting, consumer insights and financial planning, forecasting and analysis.
- Possesses a deep understanding of profitability drivers necessary to achieve financial objectives and be able to translate complex issues into simple-to-understand concepts
- Use outstanding inter-personal skills to influence through relationship building, business insights and critical thinking
- Be a strong leader with experience developing and leveraging talent.
- Demonstrate a strong work ethic, high sense of urgency, ability to roll-up their sleeves and the passionate desire to drive results.
- Build acquisition models to facilitate evaluation of acquisition candidates for a highly acquisitive firm
- Contributes to development of the strategic plan; creates P&L architecture to achieve financial objectives while funding key investments to drive future growth. Drives translation of strategic plan into financial budgeting and forecasting processes.
- Deliver timely and accurate financial analysis to support structured decisions. Create libraries and embed automation to speed future analysis work. Define standards for assumptions and methods for common analysis.
- Connect long-term strategy to current and anticipated operational activities, financial performance, and capital structure. Enhance the planning process through tighter integration of long-range planning, rolling forecasts and the annual budget. Support decision making processes through effective scenario, "what-if", and sensitivity analysis.
- Improve on or establish frameworks for evaluating then incorporating financial forecasts of acquisition targets and newly acquired businesses.
- Remains aware of changing trends in the business and proactively provides insights and solutions to business issues maximizing short and long-term strategic / financial objectives.
- Leads the monthly close providing key insights and financial reporting to Organization.
- Improves financial / business acumen of Organization. Has a desire to help others develop into business leaders.
- Participates in or leads strategic / tactical business projects (beyond finance) that provide broad-based value.
- Capital control - Works with project owners to develop business cases as well as the annual budget and quarterly forecast.
- Build and maintain the tools and processes to provide performance measurement and reporting to the management team.
- Is confident, transparent, nimble, and succinct. Provides accurate and timely reporting and analytics to key stakeholders. Ensures there is integrity in projections and that they are grounded in reasonable, logical assumptions. Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills both internally and externally.
- A bachelor's degree in finance, accounting, or related fields.
- Proven leader with 2 - 5 years of experience of financial planning and analysis within a complex, multi-location, dynamic organization, or experience in transaction accounting or M&A advisory fields.
- Working understand of generally accepted accounting principles.
- A record of serving as a business partner in helping to influence key business decisions and track performance against key objectives.
- Experience working in a fast-growth company, particularly one executing an acquisition focused strategy. Experience developing a performance management environment where KPIs/dashboards are developed and leveraged to help track and drive results.
- Demonstrated knowledge of advanced analytical, data science and financial analysis techniques and methods.
- Experience in a customer facing financial services, retail, or franchise model organization and private equity environment.
- Experience with aggregating data among various platforms into a common data warehouse preferred.
- Proficiency with forecasting software and advanced Excel skills required; SQL and Causal preferred
EP Wealth Advisors
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at EP Wealth Advisors