EOS Worldwide, LLC Birmingham, MI
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EOS: Real. Simple. Results.
EOS®, the Entrepreneurial Operating System, is a complete set of simple concepts and practical tools that has helped thousands of entrepreneurs get what they want from their businesses. Purely implementing EOS helps the people who own and run entrepreneurial companies run better businesses and lead their ideal lives.
The Role- Controller
This full-time position is responsible for the management of the accounting department, including accountability for all accounting, treasury, and tax functions for the company. This role is critical to our company’s continued growth through building strong team capabilities across all key functions of the accounting department. Responsibilities include ensuring the accurate and timely production of internal financial statements, assisting with annual budget development and variance analyses, and managing the audit and tax compliance needs of the company’s rapidly growing domestic and international operations.
The successful candidate will be a growth-oriented leader, with excellent attention to detail alongside a demonstrated ability to see the big picture. The ideal Controller will take an action-oriented approach to proactively managing the increasing complexity of the organization’s financial needs as it continues its growth in new products, geographic regions, and service offerings. She or he will have expertise in GAAP and international accounting standards, particularly in a multi-entity and multi-currency organization. This leader will be organized, data-driven, process-oriented, and adept at managing the evolution of the company’s technology system needs as they relate to the finance and accounting functions of the company.
Will report directly to the EOS Worldwide Finance Leader.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all accounting activities ensuring compliance with GAAP and internal accounting policies and procedures
- Own the oversight and integration of all technology systems needed for the effective functioning of the accounting department, in coordination with the company’s internal technology department
- Manage accounting operations, tax, and financial reporting
- Direct the daily activities for GL, AP, AR, revenue, and payroll
- Oversee cash management and bank reconciliations
- Manage the monthly close process, including journal entries, reconciliations, inter-company, cost allocations, entity consolidations, and other balance sheet and P&L accounts.
- Prepare, review and issue financial statements in accordance with US GAAP
- Review all revenue streams to ensure that revenue is recognized in accordance with GAAP and international accounting standards
- Implement and maintain effective internal controls and processes to ensure the accuracy of financial reporting, integrity of corporate data, and safeguarding of assets
- Manage accounting policies and procedures and lead efforts to change initiatives and process improvements
- Supervise and develop a strong, performance-oriented accounting team, capable of actively and effectively engaging and growing with the business
- Manage local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
- Manage monthly financial reporting package for internal and external stakeholders, including financing partners and the Board of Directors
- Manage banking, tax, and audit relationships - both domestically and internationally
- Lead annual financial audits and manage financial statement footnote disclosure
- Evaluate new technical accounting developments and recommend appropriate actions; drive process improvement at all levels of the organization
- Support internal operational and compliance programs
- Support annual budgeting and planning process
- Work alongside other departments on various projects
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must share EOS Worldwide’s Vision and Core Values
- Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Accounting or Business Administration with an Accounting emphasis preferred; CPA required
- Experience in a remote working environment
- 8+ years progressive experience in Accounting management roles
- Public accounting experience strongly preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Experience in companies with SaaS, franchise, and other business service offerings
- Strong understanding of both GAAP and international accounting standards
- Track record of building, developing and leading high performance accounting teams in a fast paced organization
- Ability to act decisively and work independently without considerable oversight
- Experience in ERP systems; direct FinancialForce experience strongly preferred
- Experience in designing and implementing accounting processes and controls
- Excellent collaboration and relationship-building skills
- Analytical, high attention to detail, organized with exceptional time-management skills
- Strong communication skills, with ability to communicate at all levels in the organization
- Is approachable, humbly confident, and willing to embrace healthy conflict
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Salesforce.com
- Experience working in a company running on EOS
Location: Work from home position with occasional work travel and on-site collaborative meetings as needed in SE Michigan
Job Type: Full-time
Compensation Range: $110,000 to $120,000 base salary, commensurate with experience, the potential for a performance-based bonus plus health benefits, life insurance, flex-time, PTO and more
EEOC Statement: EOS Worldwide is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
EOS Worldwide, LLCWhy Work Here?
We are a dynamic and growing organization and we all share a common Vision, Core Values, and Passion for helping entrepreneurs.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at EOS Worldwide, LLC