Senior Supply Chain & Procurement Specialist
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
EOI is searching for a talented and dynamic Supply Chain and Procurement Manager. This position is responsible for direct sourcing of domestic and global suppliers for aerospace materials, assemblies, and components. Responsibilities will also include providing leadership, oversight, and daily execution of the following functions:
- Identify new sources of supply and potential suppliers for key mission technology and lead the procurement process to support each program’s unique objectives and timelines while staying abreast of supplier products/services in the industry
- Develop a working knowledge of assigned product lines and processes to optimize schedule and production stability, order creation, receiving, and inventory management
- Identify and propose best-value solutions that support company objectives
- Compile and analyze data to determine price objectives and stay informed on price trends
- Focus on cost and cycle time reductions as well as delivery and quality standards
- Maintain a consolidated datasheet of supplier quoted prices, schedules, and cost reduction trends.
- Drive standardization, simplification, and velocity across the supply chain
- Prepare bid packages, analyze and evaluate proposals
- Negotiate pricing, delivery, and payment terms in collaboration with our financial team
- Lead Procurement efforts, including Purchasing and Outside Supplier Processes (OSP)
- Perform production line planning to ensure on-time delivery and just-in-time principals
- Optimize total delivered cost by balancing the impact of the manufacturing location on sourcing, logistics, and manufacturing costs
- Develop and maintain long-term strategic partnerships with suppliers in collaboration with product management and program management team which are advantageous to EOI.
- Collaborate with engineering leadership and key internal stakeholders to facilitate make vs. buy decisions for the business and inform the vertical integration process.
- Work with production management to determine program demand and determine the appropriate inventory strategy to balance risk and cost.
- Collaborate with engineering to ensure the product requirements and performance specifications are understood, and a robust test plan is in place.
- Maintain inventory and receiving processes to ensure inspection and handling plans are in place and executed.
- Manage the opportunities and risks register for the supply chain, engaging with suppliers, engineering, and the programs team to ensure risks are mitigated and managed to ensure program success.
- Work closely with suppliers in all areas of Purchase, Assembly, Test, Electronic products, and Shipping/Logistics.
- Negotiate pricing quotes to achieve lower costs to align with EOI’s financial planning goals.
- Interface with Production, Marketing, Engineering, Finance, and other functional groups to plan, prioritize, and meet purchasing requirements.
- Track order acknowledgment, prepare and communicate shortage and backlog reports, and provide visibility of potential interruptions to internal customers.
- Manage processes for tracking orders and confirming system lead times, delivery dates, and costs.
- Manage the process to ensure orders adhere to supplier agreements and contracts and report non-conformances.
- Identify opportunities and implement actions to achieve efficiencies.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Education Required: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or a closely related field (Business, Finance, Engineering, or similar) or equivalent
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in SAP. Applications include SAP S/4HANA and Cloud (Hybris, Ariba, IBP, SuccessFactors, and SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud) with expert-level experience within one of the modules within SAP Supply Chain
- 5+ years of experience in contract negotiating in the supply chain
- 5+ years of experience in strong strategic sourcing, direct sourcing (domestic and international), Aerospace, materials, assemblies, components, negotiations, contracts, etc.
- 7+ years of experience in supply chain management, purchasing or related background.
- Demonstrated self-starter; able to work independently and in a team environment with strong leadership skills.
- Strong MRP knowledge required
- Exceptional knowledge in Sales, Inventory, and Operation Planning
- High-level skills in negotiation, contracting, and business management to identify, contract, and manage products and services supplied, taking into consideration the best value based on price, quality, speed of delivery, and other factors.
- CSCP and/or CPIM certification
- Change Management experience
- Risk Mitigation experience
- Software Agreement negotiation experience
- Computer Skills – PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MRP/Procurement/Inventory Management software tools
Get fresh Supply Chain Procurement Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!