It is the responsibility of all EOAC employees to support EOAC’s mission and goals, to respect the confidentiality of all who come to us for information or assistance, and to personally maintain the dignity and integrity of one who is placed in a position of public trust. We all bear the responsibility of improving the organization, communicating openly and empowering each other to excel at our work and maintain confidentiality of client/agency information as required by State and Federal laws, appropriate regulations, and professional practice standards.
- Should have an Associate Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education, Social Work or a field related to early childhood education or family management.
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must have experience in supporting systems in a PC network environment, general knowledge of microcomputer software, hardware and principles as well as basic knowledge of microcomputer networking concepts
- Should have a general knowledge of major classes of application software
- Must have the ability to work with many individuals and groups of individuals to plan, coordinate, and provide training and technical assistance in various computer applications to staff, volunteers and community education sites.
- Must ensure that staff, parents and volunteers receive instruction and training in agency/program approved applications
- The ability to accurately comprehend assignments, prioritize, organize, problem solve and effectively handle multiple tasks is essential
- Must have the ability to work in a professional manner both independently and in a team environment on assigned task and to maintain records on a computer system or willing to learn
- Must have strong literacy, keyboard skills (55 words per minute) – word processing compatible database and spreadsheets
- Internet and email use required
- Should have the use of effective communication skills, written, verbal, listening, and the ability to transcribe notes
- Need to have the ability to communicate effectively and professionally with parents, staff, providers and public, often involving confidential information.
- Provide support services for all Head Start and early Head Start content areas with emphasis on data entry and maintain data entry systems
- Should understand, interpret and implement policies and procedures
- Must have current, valid Texas Driver’s license and liability insurance information
- There must be no prior convictions of child abuse/neglect
- Must be currently enrolled in the Child Care Division, Criminal History Registry and have a FBI Background clearance
- Should have TB skin test with negative reading
- Must employment physical examination
- Must be able to endure regular repetitive motion with hands, computer keyboarding, phone, daily sitting at computer workstation for extended periods, frequent standing to operate various office equipment, etc.
- Occasional lifting more than 25 pounds
- Assist with development, tracking and monitoring of the Performance Indicator Reporting system for EOAC Head Start and Early Head Start in the service areas of Environmental Safety, Licensing, Early Childhood Development, Disabilities, Mental Health, Transportation Services, Nutrition Services, Health Services, Family and Community services, ERSEA (Eligibility, Recruitment, Selection, Enrollment, Attendance and other regulations and standard set forth through Head Start Performance Standards. Maintain integrity of Information System(s). Assure timely entry and update of database records
- Maintain computer operations reference manual
- Assist in designing and maintaining program web page
- Support services in all content areas with emphasis on computer operation content area
- On-going data entry into child/family tracking system. Provide staff with training and support in child/family tracking system data entry as needed or requested
- Perform various duties such as; data entry, typing, copying, receiving office clientele, answering phones and distributing reports, etc.
- Must be detail oriented and maintain high level of accuracy for data tracking.
- Assist Head Start/Early Head Start Program Managers with maintaining an on-going computer tracking system to ensure quality control of the total Head Start programs
- Recruit and enroll pregnant women into the EHS Pregnant Women’s option.
- Maintain a caseload of 26 pregnant women and establish waitlist for pregnant women’s option.
- Work directly with community organizations that provide direct service delivery to pregnant women.
- Provide support for applications such as CACFP, Ready Rosie, CLI Teaching Strategies Gold, Child Outcomes Report, Social and Emotional, Human Resources, etc.
- Monitor 45 and 90 days mandates and ensure all results are posted within 10 days of completion (primary reporter for Jump Start sites)
- Compile monthly Program Information report for all content areas and submit by the 3rd of each month.
- Assist program mothers in transitioning into EHS center/home-based option or other infant child care program after delivery.
- Meet with management staff on a regular basis to discuss data information and data comparisons.
- Fulfill request for review of records and transfer of children’s records as outlined in the record policy
- Verify enrollment applications for completeness as outlined in the process of enrollment and per ERSEA Manager direction.
- Participate as part of ERSEA Management Team for recruitment and enrollment
- Participate in staff meetings, conferences, training sessions and workshops as assigned
- Must be responsible to handle confidential material, able to organize effectively and able to work independently
- Maintain current knowledge of changing systems and programs
- Participate in professional development, sometimes off-site, at the request and support of the supervisor
- Employment will not begin until I have received clearance ”to hire” from the Executive Director or their designee.
- Other duties as assigned
Immediate Supervisor: Head Start/Early Head Start Director
Secondary Supervisor: Administrative Service Manager
The foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties that may be assigned or skills that may be required.