- Posted: over a month ago
Envision AESC is a world-leading battery technology company headquartered in Japan and committed to research, development, design, manufacture and sales of high-power batteries for EVs and energy storage batteries. Envision AESC has 4,000 employees and 10 production plants in Japan, the U.S., the U.K., China, Spain, and France. For the past 12 years, Envision AESC has produced high-performance, extended range batteries for more than 800,000 electric vehicles in 44 countries, achieving a record of “zero critical battery malfunction.” In June 2021, Envision AESC was again named on the “Global Tier 1 Battery Companies” list by Benchmark, a leading U.K.-based lithium-ion battery supply chain research organization.
Envision AESC invests heavily in next-generation technology to drive innovation and works with its strategic partners to continually push the boundaries of performance, safety and efficiency. Its teams work with strategic partners to continuously improve the company’s global leadership in product development, quality and sustainable processes.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Process Engineer role to support our new Bowling Green, KY plant under construction by spending up to 5 months learning the equipment and manufacturing processes at our plant in China. This position would be expected to travel to China from May to September and return to Bowling Green, KY to support the equipment installation in October. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience and contribute to a growing company. The trip may be split up into several months at a time vs. consecutive time training in China.
STA (Short Term Assignment) Scope:
- Up to 5 months overseas assignment in China starting in May 2023. Expected return would be October 2023.
- Supports Bowling Green, KY facility on-site as subject matter expert for equipment installation upon return.
- Daily training on processes and equipment while in China.
- Supports the engineering/project planning team in the US by acting as liaison with the China team.
- Participates in equipment development and training via business trips to support line installation and on-boarding of new hires.
The Process Engineer is a professional position that is responsible for safe, proper and efficient operation and maintenance of all plant equipment at the Envision AESC Battery Plant production facility. You will be responsible for maintaining plant efficiencies, engineering and procurement of efficiency monitoring equipment. Works with the maintenance department to recommend preventative maintenance on plant equipment. Work across the organization to foster continuous improvement for long-term success.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position
- Work cross functionally with Operations, Maintenance and Quality to identify opportunities to continuously improve safety, quality, delivery and cost.
- Monitors plant efficiencies and makes recommendations to operations site manager if plant processes require adjustments. Analyzes data on the process to troubleshoot process issues and maximize plant performance.
- Responds to operating needs. Provides lead role for plant and equipment performance evaluation; optimizing resource use and maximize reliable power generation.
- Write clear and accurate equipment and process procedures for manufacturing employee.
- Responsible for process sheet development for assigned area.
- Supports process changes, design changes, trial parts, and Kaizen improvement activities.
- Leads equipment acquisition or modifications to support new model launches.
- Provides engineering representation for cross-functional activities involving other disciplines such as Facilities and Controls, etc.
- Demonstrates data driven problem solving methodology and can effectively present work to all levels of management.
- Conducts regular safety and process audits.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Lead buyoff activities
- Lead installation schedule development
- Lead production launch and trials
- Report out result
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Industrial, Electrical, Mechanical, or Chemical Engineering).
- At least 5 years of experience in a high-volume manufacturing facility.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with good written and verbal communication skills and Data Driven Decision-Making skills.
- Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience a plus.
- Must have good understanding of root cause analysis (RCA), problem solving techniques, and process control management for quality and throughput issue resolution.
- Proficient in MS Office applications and knowledge of AutoCAD and Inventor.
- High level of applicable technical skills with AutoCAD, Inventor, Statistics, Basic Engineering Principles and reporting of Technical Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience a plus.
- Ability to quickly obtain a working knowledge of lithium-ion batteries.
- Independent, driven, eager to learn, has strong time management skills, and the ability to manage simultaneous and often changing priorities
- New model experience and equipment design, installation, and commissioning
- New plant design, build, and commissioning a plus
- Working knowledge of project management related to the introduction of products to market
- Able to work and lead contractors through the process of RFP to commissioning of equipment
- Ability to follow specific direction and also to work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Experience with contributing to the creation of reports, dashboards, and presentations
- Experience in information gathering, tracking, and consolidation
- Effectively coordinates schedules and meetings using tools such as Outlook, Google Calendar, Office 365, etc.
- Outstanding oral & written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information in a simple way
- Works well in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with conferencing systems (Microsoft Teams)
- Ability to apply technical math skills to solve real world problems
- Experience working and leading a team across cultural and discipline boundaries
- Working in a great team environment
- Highly automated, clean, safe, and temperature-controlled production environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- HSA and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with company match plus annual retirement contribution
- Life Insurance (Company paid and additional voluntary life available)
- Paid Vacation and 14 Paid Holidays
- Short term and long-term disability coverage (Company Paid)
- Tuition reimbursement
The physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Occasional domestic and foreign travel as required after line installation. Travel will be frequent and extended in some phases of the project.
For more information, visit https://us.envision-aesc.com/
Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All of us at Envision AESC – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance products. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
Green Energy Engineer
Li-ion Process Engineer
ENVISION AESC US LLC
AddressBowling Green, KY
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?