Information Technology & Information Systems Manager
About Envision AESC US LLC
Envision AESC is an exciting, newly created global organization committed to solving the challenges of a sustainable future and becoming the leading supplier of full-value-chain battery solutions. Our lithium-ion batteries can be found on hundreds of thousands of electric vehicles worldwide and have a stellar safety record of zero-critical issues. Envision AESC US is leading the way in battery technology. We design and manufacture EV battery technology for various electric vehicles and equipment. We are working hard towards unlocking the full potential of sustainable energy and climate change mitigation. We will continue to build upon our successes and expand into new markets and industries, producing innovative and competitive products and technologies that advance the goal of a zero-carbon emission future. Envision AESC is headquartered in Japan and has battery manufacturing locations in Japan, UK, France, Spain, China, and the U.S.
We are currently seeking candidates to fill a Information Technology and Information Systems Manager to support our Bowling Green, KY plant. This is a wonderful opportunity for the right candidate to gain valuable experience with a greenfield operation and contribute to a growing company.
Responsible for building and leading the local on-site Information Technology team in coordination with both Regional and Global IT teams. This would include infrastructure definition, build, configuration, testing and launch and related initiatives associated with the new construction of large battery facility. Key resource in all application roll outs as defined by the Global team as well as building a team for on-going application support on a daily basis.
The following job function statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. The job function statements reflect expectations of the fully trained, proficient incumbent who meets all performance criteria.
- Planning and implementing the IT infrastructure: You will work with Regional IT team, Global IT team and 3rd party Network design team to develop plans that aligns with global standards and support the local facility requirement. This will include hardware, software, networking, and security systems.
- Manage the IT team: You will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing the IT teams that supports the production facility. You will need to ensure that the team has the necessary skills and resources to support the facility’s technology needs.
- Developing and maintaining the technology budget: You will need to work closely with the finance team to develop and manage the technology budget for the production facility. This will involve prioritizing technology investments and ensuring that the budget aligns with the facility’s overall business goals.
- Ensuring data security: You will need to develop and implement robust data security policies and procedures to protect the facility’s sensitive information and intellectual property. This could include measures such as firewalls, access controls, and encryption.
- Collaborating with other departments: You will need to work closely with other departments, such as production, logistics, and finance, to ensure that the IT systems are aligned with the overall business goals of the production facility as well as creating business case by defining their system needs and by estimating appropriate high-level costs and resource requirements. Challenge users on their assumptions and proposed execution plan where necessary. Work independently with business and technical users to define concepts under general direction of Regional Sr. manager.
- Staying up to date with technology trends: You will need to stay up to date with the latest technology trends and advancements in your field to ensure that the production facility remains competitive and efficient.
- Interact with Regional and Global Infrastructure and Security team to assure compliance and consistency of solutions and processes, maintain IT Governance around access controls, network security, security awareness/updates, intrusion detection and disaster recovery.
- Read, understand, interpret, and communicate technical systematic issues effectively to management and peers and demonstrate these skill categories: analytical, technical, managerial, and interpersonal.
- Support application development by being part of a project team and following SDLC processes.
- Support Systems KPIs by nurturing a mentality to continuously improve the environment.
- Provide oversight and lead troubleshooting efforts to restore critical application downtime or functionality loss caused by various issues like network response time, latency, or hardware performance.
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously and manage priorities.
- Has subordinate Managers and/or senior level individual contributors or contractors. Manages employees by establishing annual performance goals, allocating resources, assessing annual performance, and determining individual merit, incentive and/or promotional increases. Supervises and provides leadership, coaching, guidance, training, career counseling and staff development, interviews and selects employees; recommends merit increases, transfers and promotions; counsels and disciplines employees as necessary; recommends termination when appropriate; and monitors attendance of subordinates.
- Predictable and consistent attendance.
- As necessary, performs other related duties of which the above are representative.
· Comprehensive knowledge of IT/IS applications and all supporting functions including Manufacturing, Maintenance, Finance, Purchasing, SCM, etc. Superior communication, presentation, negotiation and personnel management skills. Able to demonstrate professional integrity and diplomacy.
· At least 5 years or more years of comprehensive professional experience in the IT/IS field with some Manufacturing Systems Engineering.
· At least 2 years of experience as a manager, providing leadership, coaching, guidance, and training and contributing to staff development. Supervised subordinates or contractors with somewhat differentiated roles.
· Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Information Systems or related discipline from an accredited four year college. MBA or Advanced degree preferred.
Computer Skills and Required Software Experience:
- At least one of CCNA, CCNE or CCIE, CCIE preferred
- Experience with Cisco network Solutions, Citrix, and Hyper-V
- Experience with Storage Area Networks, PURE storage preferred
- Experience with ITSM frame works - remote monitoring, management, escalation, and remediation solutions (ITIL, COBIT, etc.).
- Experience building a knowledge base leveraged from an incident management solution
- Experience managing vendors, developing request for quotes, and evaluating response
- Knowledge of telephony, VOIP and quality of service
- Familiarity with Six Sigma quality management methodology
- Prior experience working with offshore personnel and third-party vendors
- Basic knowledge of Project Management methods, tools, and application development process
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, OneNote, SharePoint).
- Independent, driven, eager to learn, has strong time management skills, and the ability to manage simultaneous and often changing priorities
- Ability to follow specific direction and work independently in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Background work in Automotive OEM or Tier 1 Supplier experience a plus
- Experience with managing IT KPI’s for use in improvement initiatives and departmental effectiveness
- Experience in information gathering, tracking, and consolidation
- Effectively coordinates schedules and meetings using tools such as Outlook, Google Calendar, Office 365, etc.
- Outstanding oral & written communication skills and ability to articulate complex information in a simple way
- Works well in a highly collaborative fast-paced environment with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency with conferencing systems (Microsoft Teams)
Domestic and International Travel required. More frequent international travel may be required during the construction phase of the project.
he physical requirements described below are representative of those an employee must normally meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
- Ability to remain in stationary position 75% of the time.
- Ability to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Ability to constantly operate a computer, calculator, copy machine, and computer printer.
- Ability to lift, push and / or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to bend, lift and / or twist.
When construction is complete, the work environment will be primarily a climate controlled, automated manufacturing plant with light to moderate noise and forklift traffic.
The individual must be able to perform all essential functions as appropriate on the plant floor, in meetings, and with employees, management, customers and suppliers.
The Information Technology and Systems Engineering Manager must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately, and without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The statements made herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive and inclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and/or skills required of personnel so classified.
- Premium pay for shift work
- Working in a great team environment
- Highly automated, clean, safe, and temperature controlled production environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- HSA and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401K with company match plus annual retirement contribution
- Life Insurance (Company paid and additional voluntary life available)
- Paid Vacation, PTO and 14 Paid Holidays
- Short term and long-term disability coverage (Company Paid).
- Tuition reimbursement
Equal Opportunity Employer:
All of us at Envision AESC – regardless of functional area or expertise – share a passion to design, manufacture, and sell high-performance products. It is our policy to provide Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, gender, disability, or any other status protected by law. Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work in the United States and will be required to provide proof of employment eligibility at the time of hire.
For more information, visit www.us.envision-aesc.com
**Visa sponsorship for this position is not available at this time. **
ENVISION AESC US LLCBowling Green, KY
TechnologyView All ENVISION AESC US LLC Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.