ENT and Allergy Associates, New York & New Jersey's premier ENT and Allergy medical practice, is seeking a self-motivated, people-friendly temporary Payment Poster for our Corporate office. This position is for temporary assignment as a full time Payment Poster until the end of March 2020.
- Adheres to standards of professionalism set by the Practice; demonstrates professionalism in behavior, dress, attendance, punctuality and courtesy towards patients and staff
- Respects confidentiality and is HIPAA compliant in all aspects of communication regarding patient, Practice and staff members
- Functions as a member of a team and promotes a positive work attitude fostering teamwork and acceptance of management decisions
- Demonstrates good judgment in escalating difficult situations to Management
- Complete understanding of NextGen
- Supports management’s goal of utilizing the electronic features of our computer system, as opposed to paper
- Participates actively in department meetings
- Follow work standards established for the team
Essential Knowledge & Responsibilities for ‘Payment Poster’
- Ensure all monies are posted accurately in NextGen utilizing proper ‘Reason Codes’
- Post unapplied money to charges
- Post payments received from lockbox as well as payment journals
- Complete batch logs and assist the Cash Control department with reconciliation of batches posted
- Review daily cash reports to ensure all assigned payments are posted properly
- Ensure batches are balanced and set to post utilizing the background business processor (BBP)
- Remain HIPAA compliant by scanning journals when needed then shredding copies of checks and credit cards daily
- Moving patient credits as requested by the front office
- Cross train and support team to ensure coverage
- Comply with all policies and procedures as well as make suggestions for improvement in processes
- Must have experience with patient payment posting.
- Must have experience with Phreesia
We offer a superior benefits package, including excellent medical and dental coverage.
*Please Note: ENT and Allergy Associates is an E-Verify employer*