Compliance Specialist (Anchorage)
- Posted: over a month ago
Under general supervision, the Compliance Specialist is responsible for monitoring and ensuring that the company is complying with federal, state, local and company policies related to operating a safe and reliable pipeline system. This includes making sure that all operating procedures and plans are prudent, sufficient and updated to address applicable code revisions as they occur.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Distribution System:
- Develop, update and administer the Distribution Integrity Management Plan (DIMP). Includes things such as ensuring that the program addresses collection of all required data, adheres to latest code requirements, updating risk profiles, and completing failure mode calculations, and assembling/tracking annual data reports.
- Ensure conformance with annual updates, maintenance, and record keeping of state and federal code requirements.
- Assist company personnel during annual audits with federal (and other) regulators.
- Includes oversight of the following areas:
- Submitting timely and accurate annual reports to regulators.
- Ensuring all valve maintenance completed and record keeping is updated.
- Develop, update, and administer the Integrity Management Plan (IMP). Includes things such as ensuring that the program is updated as needed, updating risk profiles, planning methods for inspections, scheduling re-assessments, overseeing bid and proposal process for inspections, data analysis, repairs, data archiving, re-assessment calculations updated, etc.
- Oversee completion and records of regular code compliance items (valve maintenance, relief and overpressure protection calculations, emergency shutdown procedures, class location reviews, atmospheric corrosion inspections, etc.).
- Manage the data collection and implementation for the annual high consequence area (HCA), moderate consequence area (MCA) surveys.
- Assess corrosion anomalies and assign repair methods.
- Accompany regulators during integrated, facility, and construction inspections. Includes providing follow up responses to the questions and/or inquiries.
- Company Processes:
- Review all existing company standard operating procedures (SOP's) annually, or as required, to ensure conformance with governing pipeline codes.
- Ensure that any plans (i.e., Integrity Management Plan) are reviewed and updated regularly and as required.
- Develop, update and administer API 1173 Pipeline Safety Management System
- Work with engineers and other departments as required for the job requirements.
- Oversee submittal of annual US Department of Transportation report.
- Provide input with budgets for annual required inspections and repairs.
- Review, become familiarized, and be able to provide technical input when contracts related to pipeline repair work are being established.
- Coordinate with State, Municipal, Borough and other local agencies for emergency response, emergency planning and resiliency exercises.
- Under general supervision, perform the following tasks:
- Manage projects related to integrity management repairs.
- Develop bills of materials (BOM's), work with vendors to establish quotes, and assist in procurement of project materials
- Ensure that project permitting and ROW requirements are in place prior to construction.
- Design and develop standards and work procedures in one or more of the job functions listed above.
- Complete specifications on purchase orders, work orders, and review invoices.
- Research specific engineering topics and products to resolve technical inquiries. Provide technical support as needed.
- Perform calculations and/or maintain documentation for regulatory code compliance or departmental records.
- Maintain a liaison with regulatory agencies where they can be comfortable knowing that they will get the answers to the questions they have.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends and developments in the field by reading appropriate books, journals and other literature and attending related seminars, conferences, and other opportunities for professional development.
- Participate in internal and external training as required.
- Prepare regular and special reports and projects using established policies and procedures.
- Perform Duty Supervisor responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as required by the department.
- Travel to other work sites as necessary.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering preferred.
- Two or more years related work experience in at least one of the job functions listed.
- Possess a current Alaska Driver's License.
- Ability to pass a drug, background, credit, past employment, and driving record screening.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work effectively and cooperatively with all levels of management, staff, counsel, and the public; exhibit a professional manner in dealing with others in difficult circumstances or to resolve issues.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Proven ability to prepare clear and understandable written documentation and communication materials.
- Must have the ability to contribute in a team environment or independently.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to evaluate data, compile statistics and prepare reports.
- Ability to effectively utilize current engineering technologies.
- Ability to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Must be detail oriented; have superior organizational and follow-up skills and be able to establish and maintain accurate records.
- Good understanding of ENSTAR's policies, procedures and processes.
- Ability to interpret plans, typographical, and other related maps.
- Good working knowledge of various personal computer business software applications presently used by the ENSTAR such as GIS, Solidworks, and AutoCAD.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical computations; detect unobvious facts and issues and exercise resourcefulness in resolving problems.
- Must maintain a positive work atmosphere through effective interactions and communications with co-workers, customers and management.
- Must maintain a safe environment for co-workers, customers and the public through adherence to established safety standards and timely reporting of potential hazards.
- Must adhere to ENSTAR's policies and procedures related to the code of business ethics, compliance, responsible use of assets, and all applicable state and federal laws.
4. Bending Over
7. Reaching Overhead
11. Pushing or pulling
13. Repetitive use of hands/arms
14. Repetitive use of legs
10lbs or less
11 to 25 lbs
26 to 50 lbs.
51 to 75 lbs
76 to 100 lbs
10lbs or less
11 to 25 lbs
26 to 60 lbs
51 to 75 lbs
76 to 100lbs
18. Eye/hand coordination
19. Fine Manipulation
1. Close vision (clear at 20 "or less)
2. Distance vision (clear at 20' or more)
3. Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
4 Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while
eyes are fixed on a given point)
5. Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
6. Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
7. No special vision requirements
1. Thinking analytically
Using effective verbal communication
Using effective written communication
3. Handling stress & emotions
4. Concentrating on tasks
5. Discriminating colors
6. Remember details
7. Making decisions
8. Adjusting to changes
9. Examining/observing details
ENSTAR Natural Gas
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?