Technical Lead - 113
EN Engineering Chicago, IL
- Posted: 21 days ago
EN Engineering, an ENR Top 100 company, provides comprehensive and dependable engineering, consulting, and automation services to pipeline companies, gas and electric utilities, and industrial customers. With first-hand experience operating and maintaining energy infrastructure, our engineering professionals provide expertise in Pipeline Engineering, Integrity Services, Automation Integration, Electrical Design, Industrial Solutions, and Process Safety Management.
EN Engineering provides innovative engineering solutions to meet our clients needs, while consistently maintaining the highest level of ethics and integrity. Our success is achieved through the valued contributions of our talented and diverse employees with more than 1800 professionals across 35 offices.
In return for top talent, EN Engineering offers competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and a positive work environment designed around the philosophy of mutual respect and the challenge of contributing to the continued success of our organization.
EN ENGINEERING BY THE NUMBERS:
30+ US locations with licenses in all 50 states
1800+ Employees company-wide
31+ Languages in which our employees are fluent
105+ Professional Engineers (PE)
Purpose of the job:
EN is seeking a senior candidate who will lead our data solutions team in the electric industry. This individual should have an understanding of key systems commonly used in electric utilities such as CIS, ADMS, GIS and MDM. This position is responsible for overseeing detailed data analysis and consulting for a variety of projects that require a high level of technical expertise within the electric utility market.
- Serve as the in-house expert for key electric utility applications such as CIS, ADMS, GIS and MDM
- Apply sound and diversified knowledge of data system principles and practices to project assignments
- Provide leadership to the GIS & data analytics teams as the technical design leader for key utility applications
- Lead the analysis team on technical issues
- Make decisions and recommendations that have an impact on solution architectures and client data systems
- Provide input to Project Managers and the Business Unit Leader concerning potential process and analysis improvements related to data science techniques and technology
- Maintain an expert level of technical expertise in one or more data system disciplines
- Initiate and maintain contacts with key technical experts in other organizations to confirm that data science practices applied are consistent with current standards, regulatory requirements, and current technological innovations
- Assist with training and development of other analysts related to data system consulting, analysis and code compliance issues
- Implement, maintain and monitor a system of quality control
- Assist in identifying new business opportunities
- Build a collaborative spirit working with other Business Units to provide optimum project teams
Education, Certifications and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelors degree in data science or computer science from an accredited university or equivalent technical degree
- Advanced degree is highly preferred
- 10+ years of work experience; 5+ years of the work experience at an electric utility company or otherwise working with electric utilities
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle and have a valid drivers license
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Expertise in electric asset databases, ADMS/AMI systems, CIS, smart grid systems etc.
- Familiarity with Esri GIS systems and applications/deployments in the utility industry
- Familiarity with concepts related to program testing and security best practices
- Proficient in one or more programming languages (Python experience preferred)
- Familiarity with advanced modeling techniques (e.g. optimization and linear programming, time-series analysis, regression analysis, network modeling, Monte Carlo analysis)
- Familiarity with machine learning preferred
- Collaborative approach to problem solving
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to build relationships with clients and staff members
- Strong technical data system expertise (expert level) related to one or more disciplines
- Strong industry contacts and knowledge of the industry
- Unquestioned business and personal integrity
Working Conditions and Environmental/Physical Demands:
Must possess mobility to work in a standard office setting and to use standard office equipment, including a computer, and to attend meetings at various sites within and away from the Firm; must also be able to work at a desk for long periods of time (2-3 hours); strength to lift and carry materials weighing up to 25 pounds; vision to read printed materials and a computer screen; and hearing and speech to communicate in person and over the telephone.
Salary, Exempt Professional
EN Engineering is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, disability status, or any other applicable characteristics protected by law.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. EN Engineering does not accept unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes and will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with EN Engineering.
TechnologyView all jobs at EN Engineering