Full-Time Phone Operator - Class B $17.21 an hour
POSITION PURPOSE: Must be responsible for answering all telephone calls, screening each call to determine clients’ needs and directing the client according to Company procedure, performs various office and administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions of the job include but are not limited to the following:
• Answers all telephone lines
• Identifies client/customer need(s) and direct calls to proper Company channel
• Enters cancellation of client/customer current and future trips into computer
• Notifies the dispatcher of client/customer current trips of all cancellations & changes occurring
• Updates client/customer master file
• Directs complaints to immediate supervisor
• Schedules client/customer group activities
• Responsible for schedule changes to partial program students
• Answers telephone inquiries from the public on schedules and must be courteous, patient and helpful when dealing with the public and skilled and tactful when answering complaints.
• Performs other office or administrative duties as instructed by Supervisor
INSTRUCTION AND PROCEDURES
This position is covered by established EMTA policies and procedures and requires limited supervision.
• Advise and instruct clients/customers on the use of the Fixed Program via telephone
• Scheduled hours, off days and job duties are subject to change as conditions warrant
• High Graduate
• Typing Experience
• Minimum I year experience in computer usage, with knowledge of Lotus and Word Perfect necessary
• A person newly hired to this position will receive a temporary or probationary period of 120 days, unless otherwise specified in writing upon hiring. At the end of the probationary period, the person will be reviewed in writing by management and either pass the probationary status, be terminated or at the discretion of management, have the temporary/probationary status extended an additional 120 days. Evaluation of performance during the probationary status will be based on adequate performance of the job functions identified above. This clause is subject to any applicable Union Contractual Agreements affecting this position.
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT:
• Lifting 0-20 Pounds Occasional >0-3 Hours
• Standing Often 3-6 Hours
• Walking Often 3-6 Hours
• Sitting Often 3-6 Hours
• Bending/Standing Occasional >0-3 Hours
• Moving/Pushing/Pulling Occasional >0-3 Hours
• Grasping/Holding with Hands Occasional >0-3 Hours
• Driving CAR Occasional >0-3 Hours