POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for answering telephone calls, screening each call to determine clients’ needs, assisting customers with bus route information/schedules etc., and directing the client according to Company procedure, assist the Director of Human Resources subject to sensitive internal employee documents. Will also perform various office and administrative duties.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To Provide customer service for inbound customer calls.
- Determines requirements by working with customers and service.
- Answers inquiries by; researching, locating, and providing information.
- Resolves problems and exploring answers, alternative solutions; implementing solutions; deescalating unresolved problems.
- Maintains call center database by entering information.
- Keeps equipment operational by following established procedures; reporting malfunctions.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Enhances organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Respond to inquiries for the Paratransit Shared Ride Service.
- Submit a monthly percentage report to the Controller listing the percentage of time allocated to Paratransit services, in order to properly report Paratransit time to be paid out through the Paratransit-LIFT budget.
- Perform other duties as assigned that are intrinsic to the successful operation of EMTA.
- As a Customer Service Representative, they may be subject to customer complaints involving Union employees and report it to the appropriate party for review.
- Assist Director of Human Resources with various employee sensitive materials on a as needed basis.
- Job description may change to include other duties as needed.
As a FIXED Route Customer Service Representative (CSR) by nature of the position, it is expected that the CSR may receive complaint’s related to Union employees. If a complaint is related to a Union employee, it is the CSR’s duty to disseminate the information to their direct Supervisor for further action; including but not limited to disciplinary actions. This will involve reporting the complaint to the Director of Human Resources.
- Building Relationships
- People Skills
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Problem Solving
- Operate a basic PC and corded headset and other office equipment, such as, fax, copier.
- Will require the use of avail and data point computer systems
- Number of employees directly supervised: 0
- Number of employees indirectly supervised: Various
POSITION PHYSICAL REQUIREMENT:
- Lifting 0-20 Pounds Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Reaching Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Standing Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Walking Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Sitting Often 3-6 Hours
- Bending/Standing Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Moving/Pushing/Pulling Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Grasping/Holding with Hands Occasional >0-3 Hours
- Driving CAR Occasional >0-3 Hours
In compliance with Disabilities Act, EMTA will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage both prospective employees and incumbents to discuss accommodations with the EMTA. We are an EEO Employer.
Note: Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority reserves the right to modify this job description at any time.