Mental Health Counselor: Community Based (QMHP)
Intensive In-home & Mental Health Skill-building
EMS of Virginia is seeking a Qualified Mental Health Professional (QMHP) to provide Intensive In-home and Mental Health Skill Building Services in the greater Richmond area (city of Richmond, Henrico, Chesterfield, Petersburg, Hanover, and surrounding areas). **You must be registered with the Department of Health Professions as a QMHP-A and/or QMHP-C in order to be eligible for this position.** Please visit this website for more information about the QMHP process: http://www.dhp.virginia.gov/counseling/counseling_forms.htm#QMHP.
EMS of Virginia has been in business since 2005 serving the mental health needs of the Tri-Cities area. We pride ourselves in being a "boutique" style agency. We have a solid foundation and are continually looking for ways to offer quality in the services we offer. We are constantly looking for ways to be different, to provide services to clients in a way that tailors to their specific needs, and to provide a positive, comfortable, and fun work environment for our team members. We expect hard work, but hard work pays off at EMS of Virginia! We invest in our staff so that you can progress in your career. We can offer licensure supervision toward LPC or LCSW, in addition to offering leadership opportunities within the organization.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Seeing clients in the community such as the client's home
- Providing 1-1 mental health counseling related to goals
- Providing skill building to adults with serious mental illness
- Taking adult clients to appointments
- Taking adult clients to link with resources in the community
- Case Management to ensure client's basic needs are met
- Providing individual and family counseling to children and adolescents
- Completing individualized services plans
- Completing quarterly reports
- Completing progress notes for each session with a client
- Providing information for authorization of services
- Meeting regularly for supervision
- Attendance at team meetings
- Maintaining ongoing communication with your Clinical Supervisor
EMS of Virginia has been in business for 14 years. We strive to hire invested individuals who are willing to help the company reach our goals so that we can help you reach your goals. In addition to a competitive hourly wage, we offer: health insurance to full-time team members (30+ billable hours per week), accrued PTO, flexible schedules, assistance with CEUs, paid supervision, paid team meeting time, bonus incentives, training toward QMHP licensure. We also have a tenured tier system that rewards team members the longer they are with us.
We pride ourselves in being able to provide good clinical work to clients and seek to hire individuals who are licensed or licensed-eligible as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC). **If you are on this path, we will work with you to provide your supervision experience toward licensure** This is a great opportunity for a recent or upcoming graduate who has enough experience to qualify as a QMHP.
If you are a QMHP with experience with children and/or adults, we want to hear from you! Please visit our website: www.emsofvirginia.com, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to get a sense of who we are!