EMS Highland, NY
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Responsible for the cleanliness and servicing of assigned areas. Care of cleaning equipment, effective expenditure of soaps, disinfectants, finishes, abrasive, polishes and other cleaning supplies. Works under limited supervision performing standardized tedious tasks.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Cleans and disinfects resident & patient areas, restroom, showers/baths, corridors, utility rooms.
• Dust and damp mops floors, dust/ damp wipe furniture and equipment, cleans windowsills, arrange furniture and equipment in an orderly fashion.
• Scours and sanitizes bathtubs, sinks, and similar fixtures.
• Replenishes paper towel, toilet paper, and soap supplies.
• Polishes metal.
• Cleans glass panels in doors and partitions.
• Keeps storage areas in good order and arranges supplies.
• Cleans and disinfects beds, bed side cabinet, over bed tables, and wheelchairs.
• Empties waste baskets, cleans and relines them.
• Vacuums/shampoos carpets, shampoos upholstered furniture.
• Removes drapery and cubical curtains when needed.
• Cleans and disinfects shower stalls, sitz baths, water fountains, chute doors, fire extinguishers and stationary ice containers.
• Draws supplies as needed from the Environmental Service Office or designated area.
• Conforms to all fire and safety regulations.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
• No formal education required, only the ability to follow instructions and directions, High School Diploma or GED preferred
• Must be able to read, write and speak English
• Environmental Services experience is desirable but not essential. Employee can be trained through in-service education.
• Must know how to use environmental services materials such as finishes, disinfectants, soaps, abrasive, bowl cleaners, dusting tools, scouring pads, mops, and other related items.
• Able to keep assigned areas in a condition complying with corporate standards.
• Must also know the proper cleaning techniques used in the cleaning of an isolation or biohazardous area.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, and reach with hands and arms. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to walk, sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, talk or hear, and taste or smell.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Works in clean, well-lighted, heated and ventilated building (rooms and corridors). The employee occasionally works in high, precarious places and in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nursing Homes and Rehabilitation Centers
Assisted and Independent Living facilities
Continuing Care Retirement Centers
Residential Senior Living
Planned Living Communities
Behavioral and Addiction Treatment Centers
Alzheimer, Dementia, and other special needs facilities
Many healthcare executives and administrators view contract management as an excellent way to improve environmental and facility quality and reduce costs. EMS provides professional and personalized contract management services that can usually reduce your housekeeping, laundry, linen and building maintenance and engineering departmental operating expenses between five and ten percent within the first year “ and increase overall facility quality!
260 Vineyard Ave HighlandHighland, NY
HousekeepingView all jobs at EMS