EMR -> European Metal Recycling -> Southern Recycling, the global forerunner in metals recycling is hiring! If you're looking for a great opportunity to move into the recycling industry we thank you for your consideration. We are a privately held company with a heritage dating back to the 1940's, employing 4,500 people operating at 180 locations around the world. We offer an excellent benefits package, dynamic company culture, and ample opportunity for professional development in an ever-relevant and growing industry. To learn more about EMR please take a look at our website: http://us.emrgroup.com.
We are currently seeking a Night Millwright Mechanic to work at our yard in New Orleans, LA. This is a full time position offering a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity for professional growth and development.
This position will take place on our night shift: Sunday - Thursday, 8P -6A
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
As the Millwright Mechanic you will be tasked with servicing all mobile and stationary equipment on the yard. The incumbent will perform repairs, inspections, and preventative maintenance on conveyer systems, heavy equipment: loaders, balers, shears, grapple, skid steers, forklifts, cranes, material handlers and back-hoes. And will assist in reporting quality issues, making recommendations for equipment and participating as an active member of the maintenance team.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair complex mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic equipment. For example: conveyer systems, loaders, balers, shears, grapples, magnets, skid steers, forklifts, etc.
- Install, repair, and maintain production equipment, including mechanical and electrical components used in all onsite equipment
- Operate all heavy equipment onsite, specifically loaders, excavators, forklifts, and skid steers
- Adhere to preventative maintenance program
- Keep accurate records of repairs and maintenance completed
- Adhere to operating and health and safety protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent team player; strong communications and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem solving skills, self-starter, motivated individual
- Available to work day shift Monday through Friday, with occasional day shift on Saturday's
PREFERRED WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to repair, maintenance, and operate cable and friction cranes
- Strong knowledge of hydraulics
- 7 to 10 years of continuous working experience with industrial electrical and industrial mechanical equipment required
- Scrap yard environment experience preferred, but not required
- Ability to work in all weather elements such as, rain, snow, cold, and heat
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. EMR - Southern Recycling is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
To Apply :
Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest in EMR - Southern Recycling!
- - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law