EMR -> European Metal Recycling -> Southern Recycling is hiring! If you're looking for a great opportunity to enter the recycling industry we thank you for your consideration. We are a privately held company with a heritage dating back to the 1940's, employing 4,500 people operating at 180 locations around the world. We offer an excellent benefits package, dynamic company culture, and ample opportunity for professional development in an ever-relevant and growing industry. To learn more about EMR please take a look at our website: http://us.emrgroup.co
We are currently looking for a full-time CDL - Class A Driver to work with our transportation team. This position would be based out of our New Orleans, LA depot. The incumbent will be running loads within and out of our facility in New Orleans, always to return to the New Orleans yard at the end of each shift.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
Preferred knowledge, skills, experience & abilities:
- 2 years of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- The ability to perform physical labor as necessary in the completion of an assignment
- Experience hauling baled scrap metal or similar materials
- Prior experience operating bed lift hydraulic controls and mounted loading/unloading hydraulic systems on a roll-off equipped truck
- Knowledge of shipping and receiving procedures
- Comfortable with computers, cell phones and trucking software
- Ability to project a professional appearance and demeanor with customers
- Ability to read a map and follow written directions
- Ability to work overtime, both scheduled and unscheduled, in order to meet the needs of our customers
- Must accurately complete logs, reports and vehicle inspections daily.
- Must comply with all local, state, and federal transportation regulations and with all company policies and procedures.
Required licenses, certifications & experience:
- CDL Class A license
- Minimum of 1 year of verifiable tractor-trailer experience
- No more than 1 moving violation received over the course of the last 3 years
- Must be able to pass a DOT drug test and physical
- - - - - - - -
EMR - European Metal Recycling is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, genetic information, status as a protected veteran or status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal law.