EMR is seeking a Roll Off/ Flat Bed Truck Driver with a valid CDL for our Dallas, TX location We are an ever-expanding global recycling organization, spreading 10 countries and 18 states. Pay will be based on experience
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Secure containers by attaching hook to container; uses control levers to pull container up on the bed of the truck, secures straps and hand tarp individual containers as necessary.
- Provides Distinguishable level of service through courteous and expeditious customer service in all aspects of operation to the general public, customers, and employees.
- Exhibits a positive attitude towards company and customers
- Answers questions for customers and directs them to Dispatch or Sales Representative for additional information
- Operates lift equipment on vehicle.
- Performs Daily Pre and Post Trip inspections as set forth by EMR USA procedures and D.O.T. guidelines, including inspection under hood, check under carriage, check fluid levels and air tires.
- Maintains clean truck, inspects/cleans Truck: Lift hood, inspect under the hood, walk around and check under carriage; pump gas, check fluid levels and air tires - Uses air gauge, dipstick for levels, and gas pump nozzle for gas fill
- Must have a valid CDL for the position, Requires a clean driving record.
- At least 2-3 year of previous experience operating a vehicle requiring a CDL within the past 7 (seven) years
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Understand collection policies, procedures, guidelines and practices; understanding of Department of Transportation and State requirements for operators of commercial motor vehicles.
- Hear in the normal audio range with or without correction; See in the normal visual range with or without correction
- Understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
- Maintain written records and service responses.
- Must be able to speak and read English well enough to communicate with customers, co-workers, dispatch and super visors, understand highway and traffic signals, and be able to make legible entries on paperwork.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
- Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by EMR USA.
- Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
1. Physically able to push, or pull independently (unassisted) 50 pounds between 25 and 50 times a day
2. Physically able to lift independently (unassisted) 50 pounds from the ground to waist height between 25 and 50 times a day
3. Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 30 and 50 times a day
4. Physically able to lift with assistance (helper) 100 pounds between 20 and 30 times a day
5. Physically able to bend at the waist and knees between 120-150 times in a day
6. Physically able to reach overhead with a reaching pole and pull down using 20 pounds of force and secure a tarp
7. Physically able to climb up to 8 feet in height to deploy a 25 pound tarp
8. Physically able to work 8 to 12 hours in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, rain and snow)
- Works in a variety of environment conditions, including wide temperature and weather variations including heat, cold, snow, rain, wind; noise and vibrations, fumes, odors and dust.
- Prior experience operating the bed lift hydraulic controls and mounted loading/unloading hydraulics: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- Texas CDL class A
***MUST HAVE VERIFIABLE ROLL OFF and FLAT BED EXPERIENCE***