Network Engineer Hybrid
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
What you’ll do:
We are looking for a senior experienced professional for the role of a Network Engineer to join the EMPIST family. This person should be very strong in networking fundamentals, who can handle multi-tasking in a fast paced team-oriented environment, dealing with multiple technologies, while delivering exemplary professional customer service.
What you’ll do:
This exciting fast paced position includes, but not limited to, troubleshooting/fixing customer networks, configuring upgrading and deploying of network hardware and solutions in all areas of networking (including routing and switching, VoIP, Wireless, Remote Access and Site to Site VPNs, Security Appliances and Firewalls, Remote Monitoring), documenting environments and procedures, proactive maintenance of networks and their devices, and being an inclusive member of the network team as our company grows.
- Full-Time/Part-Time: Full Time
- Shift: Days
- Location: Downtown Chicago
- Fluency in English language required for consideration
- U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Resident or Green Card required for consideration in US.
- Current Bachelor’s degree in Computer Networking or equivalent experience
- CCNA / Network+ or equivalent experience (must have a good fundamental understanding of networks in general)
- Excellent network analysis fundamentals and robust troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of wireless technology
- A self-starter with the willingness and drive to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to take ownership of an issue and see it to its conclusion
- Ability to use all available resources including forums, tech support, team members and internal documentation to solve problems
- Flexible with an ability to rapidly adapt to changes
- Can remain calm under high intensity situations
- Responsible for maintaining and updating network documents and all changes made in client environments
- Responsible for maintaining current configurations of network devices before and after changes made
- Positive professional attitude and ability to interface with customers remotely and onsite.
PREFERRED (Nice To Haves):
- Knowledge of Cisco ASA, Meraki, Sonicwall and Fortigate firewalls
- Experience with PRTG a plus
- Azure Networking a plus
- VMware Networking a plus
- Knowledge of Juniper a plus
- Knowledge of 3CX, CISCO UC and VoiP Systems a plus
- Knowledge of Cisco Wireless Lan Controllers, Meraki Wireless and other wireless vendors a plus
- EMPIST is a 22-year old company with locations in the heart of the Loop in Downtown Chicago near all major transportation, Downtown Elmhurst on York Road, and European HQ in Athens, Greece. We have been named to the Inc 500/5000 list for 9 out of the last 10 years which recognizes the fastest-growing, privately-held businesses across the nation. We were also chosen as one of the 501 most influential MSPs in the world (currently #89th in 2022)achieving the MSP Mentor 501 list for 9 straight years.
TechnologyView all jobs at EMPIST
Get fresh Senior Network Design Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.